1 litre gearbox top speed

hi guys,
in my current 1.3 im using the 1 litre gearbox fly and clutch top speed i got was 122 mph, i just want to know as im doing a lot of mods on new engine is this the top speed the 1 litre gearbox can do or is there more to come from it?

thanks

165 if you can spin it to 9.5k! Though you'd need more than double the power output to get there. Limiting factor may well be whether the box can take it; I think frank ran a 1 litre at 9k+ rpm on a standard box. Try it, boxes aren't too expensive!

So is there anyway to raise the rpm limit? Because I've literally just come on here to write more or less the same thread until I seen this one because I'm running the same set up and mine limits at 122/123mph aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dizzy mod to remove the limiter.
From what I've read in the past, power drops off after the standard limiter anyway. I never bothered

I need a MASSIVE downhill run, another cars slipstream (2m distance lol) and a 1.6 to hit 6k rpm in 5th on a 1.3 box, your 1.0's must be pretty impressive...

I don't have a rev counter but when I hit 122ish in 5th it cuts..anything else that could be other than the limiter then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to have an accident in a standard Micra with normal seats, belts, no cage etc... at those speeds.

But then on a private test track you will have all the proper medical cover and recovery crews in place too........

I would have thought a 1ltr box would have more topend than that but i've known cars to keep accellerating after the clocks have maxed out. use a sat nav or gps that would tell you if that is happining or go through a speed camra. still quick though, i've only had 117mph out of mine with its 1.3 box and it apparently has a restrictor at 106mph.

Massive speeds guys credit to those Cg engines back in the days at curries motors i went off the clock in a 1.3GX demo always nicely loosened up were the demo cars took it to the pod ran a 16.7 stock engine too ..... but seriously make sure car is spot on tyres levels etc etc on those max speed runs on those private air fields ;-)

165 if you can spin it to 9.5k! Though you'd need more than double the power output to get there. Limiting factor may well be whether the box can take it; I think frank ran a 1 litre at 9k+ rpm on a standard box. Try it, boxes aren't too expensive!
this was 8k with tape over the dizzy disc

and 8.5k on lpg (ie, no petrol injectors to cut)

Back