Glove Box stuck

Got a problem with my 2000 K11C. The glove box latch is broken - ie the handle moves but will not open the lid. Is there a way I can release/remove the lid without damaging it?

Would it not work to remove the two black pins on each side underneath that hold the bottom of the glove box? And then once released to pull down the glove box?

Having had a quick look at the area, I can't see how releasing the pins will allow the glove box to be removed. With it being the facelift model, there doesn't seem to be enough room to allow it to drop, unless the whole fascia is released. Unless someone can give me some pointers.

Thanks for the input - now got it open.

In case it's useful to others - this is what I found. Releasing the black pins didn't help - catch still holds the glove box in place. I managed to prise the handle off the latch assembly, which then showed the small (broken) plastic mechanism that releases the catch. Press that down using a small screwdriver and the lid pops open.

All I need to do now is replace the latch - anyone got one for a facelift K11 they don't need?? :grinning:

Hi everyone. I randomly found this forum/thread via google after trying to fix a broken glovebox lid on my wife's K11C. I prised off the grey handle, which broke one of the plastic "loops" on it. Turns out that some paper tissue had got wedged in the mechanism that opens the catch... so not broken after all (not until I broke it... grr).

Anyway, does anyone have the latch mechanism for sale? I can send a photo to confirm I'm describing the part properly...

Cheers all, and thanks for a very helpful and friendly forum! :grinning:

Glove Box latch

Does anyone have a spare glove box latch? Mine has snapped and the lid won't stay shut. Colour grey is preferable please. Thank you.

I had exactly the same problem with mine. Latch broke, couldn't close or open it, ended up just pulling the ####ing thing off :glare:

Wow I might run round all the breakers yards, buy em all and start making my millions muhahaha !!

It certainly seems to be one of those common Micra issues. You could make a killing in replacement door trims, windscreen seals, glove boxes, and a way of preventing your doors from dropping :laugh:

Back