Given up the ghost...

Hi guys,

So after a couple of months of happy motoring, my Wife's K11 autobox has given up the ghost.

It's so frustrating as when it's in gear and up to speed it drives beautifully and changes smooth, but now it won't even go into gear. Also, despite changing the throttle body, still has the judder when pulling away / slowing to a stop.

As the cost of the replacement box and fitting will probably be a significant chunk of the value of the car, how in demand are parts for 1.3slx auto bits?

Would I be best selling as is for spares / repair - or should I break it?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

could put a 1.3 manual box?
and the ghost may have given up residence in one corner of the engine but hardly ever gives up!!

Would love the option of a manual box, but the wife insists on auto as she is lazy!

It's a shame as the micra is a lovely little car.

ahh i'm sure I would find one somewhere, but to be honest after you factor in the time / cost locating and purchasing one, then getting it fitted - it's just not worth it.

I am sold on the breaking / selling idea - just need to work out what will be the best to go with.

Bloody cars will be the death of me one of these days...

what about the guy breaking a 1.3 auto slx on here? and if you can get the box i will fit it depending where u are mate not too much bother small fee mate :D

look in the for sale section

Back