GFs K11 stalls when driving, and stationary

Hi all,

Now no jokes that she can't drive it properly :p

My GF's K11 (94, Wave) sometimes stalls when its slowing down to come to lights or something. Also the other day it pulled up to my house, turned the engine off, then it didn't start up again without holding the accelerator in whilst turning the key?!

When stationary, its as if the revs dip too low - you can hear as if it's about to cut out, and when she doesn't rev it does cut out!

Now I think my sisters K11 (93) had a similar problem, and the garage got a 2nd hand part for her and fixed it for £80, but no one can remember what part it was - does anyone have any idea what this problem might be please?

Thanks!

Throttle Body is away. Try to get another one for it and see if its that. If not, then it's ideling to low, check to see if the accelerator cabel need tightened.

Titch said:
Throttle Body is away. Try to get another one for it and see if its that. If not, then it's ideling to low, check to see if the accelerator cabel need tightened.

Titch, cheers. How much would the throttle body cost to fix do you think?

I had the impression it was something to do with the fuel pump or the fuel injectors for some reason?! :S

Could be the pump - but it woudn't stall then come back. It would either be bust or not. So deff the Throttle Body. Common problem on the K11.

TBH - get a recondition one for about £100 ish. No point in trying to get your old one fixed, just get another one :)

Titch said:
TBH - get a recondition one for about £100 ish. No point in trying to get your old one fixed, just get another one :)

Right cheers, where can you find them please? can you find them in scrapyards?

stokefan said:
Right cheers, where can you find them please? can you find them in scrapyards?

Yea you can, but problem is you don't know how long they will last. Like it could be jst on its way out as well :(

Glenn had a link for re-conditioned ones. Also look on e-bay for them, as they are usually there. I'll try to find it.

cheers James, thanks muchly for the links :) I'm watching the one that's starting at £10.

Does anyone know how much these will cost to fit?

Back