Getting stuffed around by Wreakers.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Just a heads up for anyone in Victoria.
My personal experience leads me to suggest you avoid dealing with Nissan4x4 Auto spares in Brooklyn Victoria.

I purchsed a 2nd hand gearbox for the Micra and it came with 3 months warrenty, from day one after it was fitted it was noisey so I rang the wreakers back to let them know on the same day I'd had it fitted by my mechanic.

The wreakers has since heard how bad it is and promised a replacement but they keep stuffing me about and not calling me back. Over two weeks now since a replacement was promised.

I phoned them again at 8am this morning and was promised a return call which still hasn't happened.

My advice if you need parts, go elsewhere.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Well they've stuffed me around for another week. This time saying they don't have a hoist free.
I've not threatened the big stick yet but will have all the forms and letter filled out ready to go to lodge a complaint with Consumer Affiars if they don't come good by next week.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"the moment you threaten with legal action they **** themselves and you'll get what you want hahah

Yeah or they just start abusing you back. A lot of people probably make hollow threats of legal action only to fail to follow through. If you go ahead with it, Mychael, then that's another story.

Sorry to hear about your issues though - I don't tend to like those kinds of places as too many times I had folks try to charge outrageous prices for mediocre parts and have just been treated like a young fool who doesn't know a GA16 throttlebody from a CG13 one. Anyhow, all the best in getting a working box!

---dens

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
i got my closed deck auto motor and the rs5f31v shafts and cvs hubs from them guys theyve never really given me any grief but i was rebuilding anyway. the bloke i speak to there is alan he seems reasonable.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I've been dealing with a guy called Sam.
As I reported the issue well within the warrenty period i don't think they can weasel out that way.
I just wish they'd get it sorted. However have no hesitation in putting in a consumer affairs complaint if they don't come good.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
i had to ring them this morning they pulled out the wrong gearbox and shafts etc for me charged me $1022 lucky kovert woke me up to what i was doing. they refunded it. a day later i would have been in your situation.

Back