General Tuning, Dynos, Emanage Blue etc

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Peeps,

Any of you guys used any tuners in NSW (Metro Syd) area that work well with Micras?

Most of the tuners just look at me funny and wonder why I am wasting their time? Money doesnt interest them?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"Peeps,<BR><BR>Any of you guys used any tuners in NSW (Metro Syd) area that work well with Micras?<BR><BR>Most of the tuners just look at me funny and wonder why I am wasting their time? Money doesnt interest them?

Hi Craig, try Matt(HITMAN) in Penrith he tuned our micra and all our other cars, good bloke he will tune anything!! Tell him we sent you there.. He has a website don't know the address but.

nsm WROTE:

"IS MOTOR SPORT...<BR><BR>he is a genius...did a lot of work on sodaniels car...0411 404355...he also has his own dyno....a wizz on jap cars...<BR><BR>nick...

whereever you take it too make sure they tighten the camsprocket bolts and put split pins back in the tie rod ends otherwise... you could blow an engine and have your tie rod ends pop out whilst driving.... wink wink or some****.

D1cefiro WROTE:

"hahahaha too right turbo<BR><BR>i was lucky enough to make it back to Brisbane before she let go.<BR><BR>The tie rod ends were another story....not IS &#65288;&#65342;&#65327;&#65342;&#65289;<BR><BR><BR><BR>

my bad. thought it was the same place. i've installed heaps of cams and tuned stacks of emanages/safc's/motec/microtec/ems/wolf 3d and every car is still going lol. so bring your car here. haha

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
i've installed heaps of cams and tuned stacks of emanages/safc's/motec/microtec/ems/wolf 3d and every car is still going lol. so bring your car here. haha

yea turbo is pritty handy to know

quality workmanship on a reasonable budget is what i hear.
which reminds me
gotta talk to u bout the exhaust on the Ceffy&#9733;

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

my bad. thought it was the same place. i've installed heaps of cams and tuned stacks of emanages/safc's/motec/microtec/ems/wolf 3d and every car is still going lol. so bring your car here. haha

That might be an idea, road trip up to Brisbane with a crate of scotch or similar haha.

the couple of tuners mentioned on here told me they dont touch emanage or emanage blue cause they 'cause trouble' but everyone I have spoken to recommends them for simple tuning.

crumpets WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>my bad. thought it was the same place. i've installed heaps of cams and tuned stacks of emanages/safc's/motec/microtec/ems/wolf 3d and every car is still going lol. so bring your car here. haha"</DIV><BR><BR>That might be an idea, road trip up to Brisbane with a crate of scotch or similar haha.<BR><BR>the couple of tuners mentioned on here told me they dont touch emanage or emanage blue cause they 'cause trouble' but everyone I have spoken to recommends them for simple tuning.<BR><BR><BR>

emanages are ****in great. i love em. i've heard of stories where the ignition side of things can be a bit b/s but your not running anything hardcore so yeh.. the emanage has heaps of tuning points, atleast double or tripple then a ems and a squillion more then a micro****. d1, yeh, great workmanship here.. dunno who told you about budgets thou lol.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Was a fella from hitman whom I spoke to (Matt).

His response was basically, 'we prefer to normally not touch the E-manage systems due to the never ending problems we have with everyone we have ever seen. If you have the latest revisions of software and cable (gave mine away long ago) we may be able to help you'

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"Was a fella from hitman whom I spoke to (Matt).<BR><BR>His response was basically, 'we prefer to normally not touch the E-manage systems due to the never ending problems we have with everyone we have ever seen. If you have the latest revisions of software and cable (gave mine away long ago) we may be able to help you'

He is abit biased towards Haltech...

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"emanages are ****in great. i love em. i've heard of stories where the ignition side of things can be a bit b/s but your not running anything hardcore so yeh.. the emanage has heaps of tuning points, atleast double or tripple then a ems and a squillion more then a micro****. d1, yeh, great workmanship here.. dunno who told you about budgets thou lol.

..what EMS are you talking about? You can't discredit a whole company based on one of their low-end products. I know nothing of the Microtech stuff but that's still a pretty broad statement. Resolution is one thing, but as you know there's more to ECUs than just resolution.

From what I understood it, the Emanage blue has separate 16x16 maps for airflow adjustment, injector duty cycle and ignition timing. Not sure about the ultimate though. It depends which EMS you're comparing it to - the 4424 (stinger) is in the same sort of league, but is still a full standalone ECU despite it having a res of 26x11 (RPM x Load sites). If you're going to compare it to the EMS motorsport series then it's something else altogether. I'm not going to pretend I know much about tuning, just trying to understand what you're comparing it to :p

I'm not wanting to discredit the E-manage as it's probably a fine choice for low-end boosting as has been proven in the past, but I don't see why you'd pick an Emanage over a stinger if you had the funds and the means to do so.

*shrug* either that or you're just baiting.. haha.

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"emanages are ****in great. i love em. i've heard of stories where the ignition side of things can be a bit b/s but your not running anything hardcore so yeh.. the emanage has heaps of tuning points, atleast double or tripple then a ems and a squillion more then a micro****. d1, yeh, great workmanship here.. dunno who told you about budgets thou lol."</DIV><BR><BR>..what EMS are you talking about? You can't discredit a whole company based on one of their low-end products. I know nothing of the Microtech stuff but that's still a pretty broad statement. Resolution is one thing, but as you know there's more to ECUs than just resolution.<BR><BR>From what I understood it, the Emanage blue has separate 16x16 maps for airflow adjustment, injector duty cycle and ignition timing. Not sure about the ultimate though. It depends which EMS you're comparing it to - the 4424 (stinger) is in the same <EM>sort</EM> of league, but is still a full standalone ECU despite it having a res of 26x11 (RPM x Load sites). If you're going to compare it to the EMS motorsport series then it's something else altogether. I'm not going to pretend I know much about tuning, just trying to understand what you're comparing it to :p<BR><BR>I'm not wanting to discredit the E-manage as it's probably a fine choice for low-end boosting as has been proven in the past, but I don't see why you'd pick an Emanage over a stinger if you had the funds and the means to do so.<BR><BR>*shrug* either that or you're just baiting.. haha.<BR><BR>---dens

i couldnt be bothered looking up the techincal side of things (the size of the maps) but having actually tuned microtechs'. even the latest lt10/12's have **** all adjustability. basically you have a fuel setting for a little boost and heaps.. anything inbetween is a given. so drivability is ****house, and explains why they work so great on drag cars.. as all they have to do is run for 10secs or less on wide open throttle on heaps of boost. id still rather tune a emanage blue or ultimate over a motorsport ems ecu, so much more user friendly etc.. but.. for a turbo setup i'd much rather use a ems as you'd have to use a emanage ultimate for a decent turbo setup.. and for around the same money i'd rather use a standalone then a piggy back (plus you actually have aussie support for the ems.. something goes wrong with your emanage then its in the bin and go buy a new one). i'm not discrediting ems... they make a good product... but lets face it... their entire range is low-end... your not going to find anything of theirs in a dedicated circuit racer. if you've got something good to run and you've spent heaps on your engine your not going to skimp on the ecu... your just gonna laugh at words like emanage, microtech and ems. get a motec or autronic... their not just pretty names.. there actually is a difference!

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Whats wrong with ems? Turbo did my turbo conversion and tuning and i'm very happy with it. I still have the same drive ability as a standard Micra but with boost. Sweeeet

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
turbo: im actually contemplating a road trip to brisbane to sort this out, might make for an interesting trip haha.

Would you be keen on doing it all? Obviously kesh,bribery and other stuff can be involved.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"Whats wrong with ems? Turbo did my turbo conversion and tuning and i'm very happy with it. I still have the same drive ability as a standard Micra but with boost. Sweeeet

I think what he's saying is essentially that if you're looking for a professional aftermarket ECU for racing then Motec/Autronic is the way to go. If you're building a crazy setup then something like a Motec is a pretty sound investment, but this is a micra forum :p That doesn't happen all that often and if you have a look at the quite broad range of ECUs used for N/A or boosted micras over the years it goes to show that there's not just one or two answers to selecting a management system - Just varying degrees of success on the large range of ECUs to choose from.

Can tell you have a lot of hatred for microtech so we'll just leave that there.

Thanks for clarifying that though mate ;)

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"Tony WROTE:<BR><BR>"Whats wrong with ems? Turbo did my turbo conversion and tuning and i'm very happy with it. I still have the same drive ability as a standard Micra but with boost. Sweeeet<BR><BR><BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>I think what he's saying is essentially that if you're looking for a professional aftermarket ECU for racing then Motec/Autronic is the way to go. If you're building a crazy setup then something like a Motec is a pretty sound investment, but this is a micra forum :p That doesn't happen all that often and if you have a look at the quite broad range of ECUs used for N/A or boosted micras over the years it goes to show that there's not just one or two answers to selecting a management system - Just varying degrees of success on the large range of ECUs to choose from.<BR><BR>Can tell you have a lot of hatred for microtech so we'll just leave that there.<BR><BR>Thanks for clarifying that though mate ;)<BR><BR>---dens

what he said lol. don't get me wrong.. microtech works.. it does what it's suppose to do, but there's just stuff all tuneability in it.. running massive cams/injectors with any cheap aftermarket ecu is a waste of time.. it'll drive like a pig off boost and idle like its gonna stall. their's nothing wrong with ems tony.. does the job better then any of the other aftermarket ecu's in the same price range... but your turbo conversion is far from hectic lol, still uses pretty small injectors and stock cams etc. not saying that when you upgrade your injectors and cams is going to drive ****.. you just won't get out of it what you could with a motec or autronic. with ecu's its generally the more you spend the better the driveability/cold start functions, then off course you have the options of running anti lag/traction control blah bla bla.. which most aftermarket ecu's run these days anyway.. but again.. the more you spend the better system you'll have.. dens i dunno what why your sticking up for all the poor ecu's anyway. aren't you running an autronic? haha. anyway.. i love microtech, they're easy to install and easy to tune.. just the results are crap lol. here's what i would use:

Naturally aspirated: emanage
budget booster: ems either stinger or motorsport
boosted no budget but i don't own a money tree: autronic smc
boosted, i have no budget,i could have 2 super s' instead lol : autronic sm4 + autronic 500R cdi

both autronic's will require a custom crank trigger and cam trigger to work properly, where as the ems can use the stock distributor.. but you could also run an external ignitor and individual coil packs and just use the dizzy as a cam sensor.

crumpets: what are you doing to the car?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hah you've got a memory like a sieve :p Yeah to an extent i'm sticking up for the budget-ness because i'm running the super top-secret EMS 6860.. I don't like cheap and nasty piggyback stuff but i'm open to other full ECU options no matter how much they cost. I had to keep a semi-sensible budget on this project without blowing the price out completely and for what I'm doing I couldn't see the point of spending megabucks on a Motec.. as much as I would've loved one.

Turbo.. always there to make sure people don't feel too good about their purchases :p

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"Hah you've got a memory like a sieve :p Yeah to an extent i'm sticking up for the budget-ness because i'm running the super top-secret EMS 6860.. I don't like cheap and nasty piggyback stuff but i'm open to other full ECU options no matter how much they cost. I had to keep a semi-sensible budget on this project without blowing the price out completely and for what I'm doing I couldn't see the point of spending megabucks on a Motec.. as much as I would've loved one.<BR><BR>Turbo.. always there to make sure people don't feel too good about their purchases :p<BR><BR>---dens<BR><BR>

haha. you funny kent. yeh my memory probably isn't to great cause i'm ****ing around with 3 cars of my own and numerous customers cars lol. how come you chose the 6860? you adding 2 cylinders to the cg? :p ... btw, its alright dens, i won't hold your ecu choice against you lol.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Haha nah, want to have sequential injection for 6 if I go that way in future and the ECU comes with me. Don't see myself with a V8 so went for that one. And also, that means a lot coming from you btw, haha...

---dens

Back