Gearstick Mounts

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ello

Does anyone know how much it costs roughly to replace the gearstick mounts? Mine are about to give way!

Also, should i get official nissan parts or just trust Mr local mechanic to use a good enough replacement

Cheers
Rimmer

The brackets underneath the car?

I think they should be about £15-20 but im not entirely sure... just read it somewhere.

Yeah the ones that hold the gear stick up. I think they're rubber as they perish over years. I know James and Umar's have snapped before so they must know, but im sure they're not the only two to experience that problem.

Im sure one of mine has gone and the other will go any day. The gearstick bounces up and down like its on springs!

once side has allready gone by the sounds of it arnold. I think they're a nissan only part, about 18 quid each, and you need 2. both mine went in bulwell one day, the gearlevel droped straight onto the road. i had to drive back holding it up.

Lol!! cheers slim. Im taking it to a garage later so i'l let them order in the parts, assuming they can get them in.

both of them went on mine i got them from nissan and i fit it my self there is 2 bolts at the top and a nut that holds the rubber on the gear stick easy 2 do

I have two you can have for a tenner. They are almost new.

Just came back from the garage and the bloke said they've both snapped, and its currently resting on the exhaust.

Ed said:
I have two you can have for a tenner. They are almost new.
I can vouch for this, they can only have done a couple of thousand miles at the most. Bearing in mind the ones before it lasted 96k I think you'll be fine ;)

I remember when it happened, same experience as Slim - the gearstick was right on the floor, but I didn't know what had happened (I was young and didn't know that much back then) so the RAC guy came out armed with about 15 cable ties! haha!

yea i rembered when mine went i was bounceing it up and down and then i pushed down and it droped onto the exhaust it was heavy lifting it up and changeing gear so i went 2 nissan got 2 new rubbers and i fit it it only took me about 20 minuites to 2

Really, excellent. Well i've ordered a couple more from nissan and getting them tomorrow, and shall fit them at the weekend (i hope!) She needs a service etc so i'l do it all at the same time.

lol,....the bouncy gearstick syndrome...AHAHA

mine did it too and a few of my mates did too

i got nissan replacements...i thik they were £12 odd before VAT at the time

mine does this, its been held up with a bungy chord wrapped around the seat mounts since i bought the car :down:

if you still have yours avaliable ed i'd like to purchase them, you can contact me on

[email protected]

i understand if you wish these to go to a full paid up member.

Update to this thread, i've changed mine! Its really weird having a gearstick where it should be lol.

Only took 10/15 mins to change too. Very easy :) - The new mounts cost £35 total inc vat.

Back