Gears stiff/ key fob reprogramming

Hi, Just bought my daughter a micra 1.2s and a couple of small problems, firstly the gearbox when cold is stiff but once it warms up it's fine so my thoughts were maybe the wrong gearbox oil or it just needs changing.
The second issue I have is the car came with only one key and I would like a spare, dealer quoted £164 :eek: so I have bought a blank off ebay that will need cutting and reprogramming, I have found this link http://www.programyourkeys.com/Nissan_Micra_Key_Remote_Control_Fob_Transponder_Programming.html
Anybody tried it and does it work.

Thanks in advance

The early k12 suffered with sticking gear selectors. The fix is to remove fifth gear casing and hit the selector rods that are sticking down. To be honest it never worked that well anyway. Best thing to do is drain some oil out and top up with 5w40 engine oil, it will make it smooth as silk.
Keys for K12 is a consult 3 only procedure, old nissan fobs ign on and off 3 times. Where u based? I can code the fobs in for you
Ben

Hi Ben I'm from near Leeds, West Yorkshire if you can help. I have the key now and it's been cut just needs programming. not tried the link in my op as I've read it doesn't work and a trip to a Nissan dealers is the only way, if you know different let me know.
will have a go with the gearbox when it's a bit warmer.

ello fella whats Nissan quoted you to :laugh:code the keys in? Remember your original one has to be recoded with the new one. If you take your V5 and proof of ID to your local dealer they will get you the Nats code. You will need the nats pin to get the aftermarket code. Look in your glovebox there should be a white sticker with a long Hexadecimal number on it. if you take that off carefully thats all they need. For security reasons I cannot get the NATS CODE FROM NISSAN.
I HAVE MY OWN INDEPENDANT KEY CODING LAPTOP AND SERIAL LINK ITS FASTER AND BETTER THAN CONSULT LOL. GET THE PIN AND I CAN COME UP THIS SATURDAY IF YOU WANT AND GET IT DONE FOR YOU.
ALL THE BEST, BEN
PS DONT LET NISSAN RIP YOU OFF. IT TAKES 2 MINUTES TO GET THE CODE AND ITS COST THEM NOTHING.
ID EXPECT NO MORE THAN 20 QUID

Hi Ben Sorry for not getting back to you forgot about this post, thanks for your kind offer
but don't want to put you to too much trouble and £20 would barely cover your petrol etc.
Not even tried to get it done for a couple of weeks because daughters always out in the micra.

Back