Gearbox oil

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Hi peeps

i have just changed my gear box and refilled it with EP90 GL5 oil, now the haynes says gl4 or ep80 is recommend but im sure the box should run without fault on ep90? does anyone know for sure i dont want to damage a new gearbox, it seems to run perfectly althouth 1st and 2nd are a bit tough to get into but it did this with my old box so i suspect the actuall bar to the gearbox may be at fault

i just use any gearbox lubricant - its always been fine, i just buy 5 lrs of it and its always worked - goldstar has the tub at his house - im sure he could relay what it says on the tub to you if you needed.

wonderbra, but then saying that your curse transfered to my gearbox so it better not happen again or you'll be in trouble!

Lmao, cant blame me!! I think frauds recommends 75/85 which is what i had in that nackered box ed fitted

Arnold your box has the recommened oil now. Moden oils can sometimes not be good for older transmissions and gearboxes. I.e. they can almost be too good and make changing gear hard.

One of the common symptoms of using GL5 in a box which wants GL4 is that the synchromesh doesn't work very well, making it hard to put into certain gears.

ahhhhhh!! ill go get some gl4 after work and get it changed today then before it causes some damage ;) thanks andrew, a straight answer from someone at last!

Back