gearbox oil/plug help please

M

MTB

:laugh: Hi all, im going to change my box oil in a day or 2 and need some help, i purchased a 5 litre of 80w/90 gl5 oil in a sale for £11, is this the proper stuff/viscosity to put in my box?. The haynes does say gl4 but nissan said gl5 is fine not gl4o_O CONFUSEDo_O, also whats the best tool to take the box/filler plug off with?, is a ratchet best or is any other tool more suitable, also what size of tool would i need?, thx all MTB:laugh:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
if you use a quater rachet the square end of that fits directly into the pug and u can loosen it from there. if it is very tight done over pull as itll pop the rachet use a strong bar with same quater end

wayne

OP
OP
M

MTB

Hi m8, what size of ratchet though, i think george said a 1/4 but not sure, and is the box oil k i have to put in, is it the right stuff?, thx m8 MTB.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
u want me to highlight it in the oprigian aswell??

hehe

nah hope it gets done ok matey

oh preferebly use an old rachet as teh bearings tend to be stronger to to them seizing up in the barrel a tad :D

help loads:p

if not then it time to get the wrench around the end and try pry it a little so it moved then return to the rachet/strongarm :D

N

Nismo HK11

GL5 has additive that can react with brass/copper parts which ARE in the k11 gearbox. GL5 is not backwards compatible with GL4 applications unlike dexron II to II etc. Check again with Nissan but another dealership.

OP
OP
M

MTB

LOL@ quickdraw, sorry m8 havent had much sleep didnt read your original post correctly, anyway thx for the info dudes i have all the info i need now:].