Gearbox Gamble - FAIL

Hi All,

I thought stupidly that I would be able swap out the missus's Kll 1.4 gearbox with a 1.3, thinking the ratios but be the same if not the exact same gearbox.

Well they aren't even close to being the same gearbox, well not the one that I have bought off fleabay.

#10 M / AK 50Y
The starter motor I assume is mounted top right if you look at it side on. The 1.4 we have, well I can't even seen the starter motor and where it is on the replacement box, on the 1.4 it's rounded over.

W reg 1.4

What have I done?

the starter is under the inlet mani eh, so different flywheel etc
and the coilpacks have a crank sensor mounted on the bellhousing too

Thanks Frank.

Waste of money there then.

Really struggling to find a 1.4 box or a box that looks remotely the same. Is it a change under K11c revision do you know?

Ta

Thanks Frank.

Waste of money there then.

Really struggling to find a 1.4 box or a box that looks remotely the same. Is it a change under K11c revision do you know?

Ta
The coilpack 1.0 box works just fine on the 1.4 and is a straight fit. That's what I've used for the past couple of years. There's loads of them around. The ratios a great also. Nippy round town and OK on the motorway. Most of my driving is on the motorway and at 70 it sits at 3500rpm. I usually do 60 though which sits at 3000rpm. Hope this helps.

Back