Gasket Question

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi All

I have a small problem, my Super S has oil at the top part of the spark plug holes, 3 out of 4! After loads of research and a compression test, I have come to the conclusion that the rocker cover gasket and spark plug seals need replacing.

Ok I went and visited a local motor factor for the rocker cover gasket and spark plug seals and they say that the spark plug seals are not included with the rocker cover set and the best place to find them is go to a nissan dealer :eek: I did say they are going to charge me loads!

Does anyone know where I could get these spark plug seals with a rocker cover gasket or without? Plus maybe I should be able to get some gaskets for my Almera GTi too, im looking for a throttle body gasket plus a intake plenum gasket too?

Thanks in advance

the plug tube seals tend to loosen up n leak after numberous removal/refitting of the rocker cover.
i'd just grab a spare rocker cover from a scrapyard.
the cover plate under the inside of the rocker cover is bonded on so accessing the spark plug tube seal will be difficult

when refitting the cover you'll need to scrape off the old sealant from the mating edges of the rocker cover & engine head, degrease both surfaces & the rubber seal with like carb/brake cleaner till its grease free n dry, reapply a new bead of gasket/PU sealant (not too much) to the rocker cover, fit rubber seal to rocker cover, new bead of sealant on the engine head then fit cover onto the engine

Back