Ga16 with immobiliser, fitting to micra

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Hi, my donor car is going to have an immobiliser, will fitting the almera ignition barrel and ecu allow it to work or will disconnecting it lock it all or something? I have no idea with immobiliser

Would taping the key chip to the antenna negate the need to implant the chip into my key or is it the type of immobiliser where it generates a short time window you can start the car in?

Will do, should have the donor car in a months time. Would have had it already if work had paid me. I'm still owed overtime I was supposed to be paid before the end of last year! So I guess the plan is to work out the looms with a multi meter, chop the first couple of inches of the micra loom out, splice in the almera loom including the extra immobiliser wires and goodies.
I'm going to have roughly 4 whole days to do this swap, so as much planning/prep I can do before the better, it's going to be tight but possible...

Nice, I might have done an sr in the future but was offered a mint low mileage fsh 1.6 almera for 500 so it seemed rude not to.

Back