GA engine modds

micras69

Deactivated Account
although this is a total shot in the dark but it seems no one knows much on the GA engine.

im trying to find out a cupple of things before i get "stuck in" i would like to know.

what is the prefered CR is for turbo'n?
what ways could i go about lowering it?

many of the GA lads seen to port and polish the head (intake and exhaust) even when boosting but will it realy benefit from this?

re-profileing of the cams to sute the turbo application?
lighten and balanceing of the flywheel, can it be done?
what clutch's can be used i.e can the clutch from the 2.0 be used in the 1.6 if there is a diffrance?

if anyone can fill in the these gaps that would be awsome

I have turbo'ed and mapped both the 1.4 & 1.6 GA engines. all depends on your power they are fine stock upto about 150/180-200bhp respectively.

blooming hell ED (Y), is this includeing the injectors and TB being stock to?

or should i fit bigger cc injectors, sarad regulator and a racing clutch? ect ect

Well no TB/injectors pump etc clutch all that kind of stuff had to be changed. I've revised my power levels a bit too. They are VERY capable engines though. I got 200bhp out of a 1.4 pretty easily. That was stock too, but the HG did let go pretty quickly.

fwn i dont know where that silly question came from (haveing a word with myself)

what TB and injectors did you use ED sr20det stuff? also what did you do about he HG is there anyone/anywhere that can supply a better than stock HG

The USA GA16 uses the same physical size injectors as the SR20 S14 200sx. So used that fuel rail, You can get pretty much anything for these blocks (1.6 anyway) from the US. used a MAF from a 200sx too. fuel pump walbro 255, pretty normal stuff to be honest.

Ed

Back