Future of the micra?!

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
All this talk of the micra not being popular with the young, I hand picked mine at auction at the age of 17 (19 now) and I've loved it ever since.

Never been able to mod it due to financial constraints, but never the less I have done some of the more subtle mods. Grille mesh, Colour Coding, head unit and little things like Gear knobs seat covers ect.

I plan on keeping mine for about a year and a half from now guaranteed, but if it is still in good condition when I am doing my year placement for uni I will get it spruced up and keep it until it crumbles to dust.

I've never known a car as reliable as the micra, in my 2 years of owning this I have had 2 problems, the 10 year old stock battery wore out.. a fuse got damp and corroded.

I agree that the Micra will die out eventually, just as any other car will, this is a gradual process, but it's had one hell of a run.

Also I think they are still producing the K11 in some countries right?

Oh also if Micra had made their cars like the sazos corsas and 106's then it would just be 'another one' and who wants to just sink into the crowd like that?

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
i agree if they did get put in with the 106's,saxo's and corsa's we'd just be classed as boy racers and i dont know about you but i'm certainly not one of them

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
the micra is what people go for if they want to be diffrent...people with saxos and and stuff dont have a clue that there 1.3's and there all 16valves simply because they just follow the crowd and dont look into other cars... 6 of my mates have saxos, 1 has a corsa and 1 has a 106. iam the only one with somthing diffrent and i get ripped because of this. least mine is on of the fastest cars out the lot bar myy mates VTR with a VTS engine...

so they can say what they want at the end of the day. and iam not gonna bang on about power figures.

tbh if i could i would keep my micra. but iam sure in a good 15-20years it will be rotten, just look at the K10! good ones are hard to come by, and most of them suffer from arch rust etc even if the chassis is in good nick! the k11 is gonna suffer the same fate, heck even the underside of my bonnet is rusty! and exterior wise mines is in good condition!

yes the micra k11 is still made in some countreys :) iirc its tiwan? could be wrong though!