Fuel rails

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hey guys. I am getting a custom fuel rail done to hold sr20 injectors. will be made in a few days i hope. Just wondering if anyone else would be interested. He is saying it will be about 80 bucks to make. Might get cheaper if more interested. This is a better way then cutting a sr rail and getting it rejoined so let me know. If you want pics then i will get some up

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Pics would be good, and i'd be interested if you were able to get a couple done. I take it this is BYO SR20 fuel rail. There were a few different kinds I think, gonna go do a search now and see which one's the right one to get.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
no. It is a brand new custom fuel rail made from brand new fuel rail piping machined and drilled ready for the injectors. I am giving the guy my car and he is making me one. After he has done this i will give you all final price and pics then you can all go from there. I can also polish this if you want.

"Will get it done in couple days and post it all up

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Ok sweet anyone else showing interest. I asked today how much he said depending on how much machining needed should only take him bout an hour. He charges $66.00 p/h SO AT BEST IT BE THAT PLUS SHIPPING. I wont charge for polishing but i will find out total price and post pics in couple days.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
yep... I need one. I already have some sr30de injectors just waiting for me to do the rail.... so, why not get someone else to do it? price and pix...... will it include fuel line ends ready to plug n play?

fark. that's cheap as, so for $66 he's gonna supply a solid block of alluminium, machine a main fuel line through the centre, machine out 4 holes for the fuel injectors to sit in, and recess where neccesary so the rail sits in the intake and seals properly, have mounts coming of it to bolt it down, tap thread so you can bolt the injector caps back on and have a flange at one end to bolt the fuel reg on? he must have alot of illegal boat people working for a bowl of rice for him.. eagerly awaiting results of this :D if your not busy sikk11.. can i send you some stuff and you can polish it for me and not charge me :) lol.. pwwwease

yup, you'll need top feed injectors. ca/rb20/rb26 all the same physical size. just different flow rates.. you'll find that the injectors/ fuel rail won't fit unless you piss of the standard throttle body, or atleast the idle control valve on the stock cg afm/throttle body.. bin there, done that.(it'll work with my group buy sr20 throttle body adaptor thou :D ) might work if you can get shorter injectors, dunno what from but. maybe from a neo 25.. they might be shorter.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
the only reason you'd need sr20 injectors is if you were going turbo, otherwise ga15 are big enuff, you would really have to have one bull**** serious engine to justify running sr20 injectors and sr20 throttle body and it be n/a.. the guys that tuned my car at c-red the other day said that the ga15de throttle body is overkill on a mild N/A engine and the same power could be made with the stock one because it wasnt being maxed out..

it was a real eye opener caus i was under the impression they may be restrictive but the are pulling the same sort of power out of their cg's that only had exhaust + breathing mods ie pod not throttle body

maat WROTE:

"the only reason you'd need sr20 injectors is if you were going turbo, otherwise ga15 are big enuff, you would really have to have one bull**** serious engine to justify running sr20 injectors and sr20 throttle body and it be n/a.. the guys that tuned my car at c-red the other day said that the ga15de throttle body is overkill on a mild N/A engine and the same power could be made with the stock one because it wasnt being maxed out..<BR><BR>it was a real eye opener caus i was under the impression they may be restrictive but the are pulling the same sort of power out of their cg's that only had exhaust + breathing mods ie pod not throttle body

lol. yeh no worries. everyone... change your ga15's to stock ones again, waste of time.. i hope that you didn't base your sr20 t/b decision solely on that. did you swap the stock cg one back on to see if it made the same power? i can hardly see how putting a substansially smaller butterfly in the inlet is going to make the same power. i can gaurantee you'd make more power with a sr20 t/b. and i believe that everyone in this thread are/planning to go turbo. what did your car make on the dyno?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Tommorow our micra is going for a quick run up on the dyno, i am connecting up a vacuum gauge to the inlet manifold. If there is vacuum still shown in the manifold at wide open throttle the throttle body is to small. The car is all standard except exhaust and intake.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

lol. yeh no worries. everyone... change your ga15's to stock ones again, waste of time.. i hope that you didn't base your sr20 t/b decision solely on that. did you swap the stock cg one back on to see if it made the same power? i can hardly see how putting a substansially smaller butterfly in the inlet is going to make the same power. i can gaurantee you'd make more power with a sr20 t/b. and i believe that everyone in this thread are/planning to go turbo. what did your car make on the dyno?

dude your taking it the wrong way, i feel as if it WOULD make a difference BUT the guys at c red told me that the stock one wasnt maxed out yet so there was no need to change it? mind you that is for a mildly tuned N/A and no i didnt base my decision on the sr TB on that..

i would have been the first person to say yeah it made my car more power by allowing more air but they all gave me crossed eyed looks when i told them it had the GA15 TB on it, and told me there was no point on "my car" i wasnt having a go at anyone thats just what i was told

my car made 75.5 horses at the treads, quite happy with that, they milked 11 horses with a tune after my cams have gone in :)

maat WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR><BR>lol. yeh no worries. everyone... change your ga15's to stock ones again, waste of time.. i hope that you didn't base your sr20 t/b decision solely on that. did you swap the stock cg one back on to see if it made the same power? i can hardly see how putting a substansially smaller butterfly in the inlet is going to make the same power. i can gaurantee you'd make more power with a sr20 t/b. and i believe that everyone in this thread are/planning to go turbo. what did your car make on the dyno?"</DIV><BR><BR>dude your taking it the wrong way, i feel as if it WOULD make a difference BUT the guys at c red told me that the stock one wasnt maxed out yet so there was no need to change it? mind you that is for a mildly tuned N/A and no i didnt base my decision on the sr TB on that..<BR><BR>i would have been the first person to say yeah it made my car more power by allowing more air but they all gave me crossed eyed looks when i told them it had the GA15 TB on it, and told me there was no point on "my car" i wasnt having a go at anyone thats just what i was told <BR><BR>my car made 75.5 horses at the treads, quite happy with that, they milked 11 horses with a tune after my cams have gone in :)

hmm. would be interesting to see the difference between stock and ga t/b dyno's... i don't think there'd be much difference between those 2, but we certainly noticed an improvement throughout the rev range with the sr20 t/b fitted to gtrholics car over the ga15 one... bit strange that you have more mods to your car then cred's (that i'm aware) yet there car makes 3hp more... weird.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
they have smaller diameter wheels than i have, iv got stock rolling diameter where as they have tiny steelies with lower profile rubber, thatd caus the higher dyno reading for their cars

Back