fuel pump relay problem

my friend put a radio he has lying around into his micra and it was fine for less than a minute
then he heard a small crackle and now his car wont start i checked the fuses but none are blown even in the engine bay,
would it be the fuel pump relay that blew?
its getting a spark but theres no fuel pump sound when you turn the ignition on.

frank

Club Member
there are a few threads about the earth on the radio, it can melt the wiring iirc :eek:
has he removed the radio and checked ?

OP
OP
emmet_gti
well its not the relay i put mine in his. could it be the ecu or fuel pump? the radio has been removed. i was gonna buy it off him because he got a new 1, whats the chances of it been melted wiring?

OP
OP
emmet_gti
right ive the fuel pump working again and im getting sparks but the car will still not come to life,
it almost starts then cuts out, any suggestions?

This made me laugh off that link...''i am a nissan mechanic myself,to me it sounds like there is a nats problem(nissan anti theft system)your best thing to do is take the car to a dealer and get it put on the computer.Sorry i can be of no more help!!!!''... typical
What was wrong with the fuel pump? how did you get it working?
as frank says, try some fuel down the throttle body, if it kicks in to life for a short while then you know the problem is fuel, if not, then you know it isnt fuel...