horrible fuel efficiency, HELP?

CMF_habib93

» CMF Member
out of a full tank of petrol (95-98 ron) I'm only getting between 340-380km per tank, now i have been reading up and i should be at least hitting close to the 500km mark. i was wondering if anybody has had this problem before and knows what it might be, i have just had a major service and i am not seeing anything different. how can i get better fuel efficiency out of my car ?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
i have that problem, but its more like 420-440! and thats after running 98 for 6 weeks :( you should replace your air filter and fuel filter then see how it goes? I'm replacing my injectors and seeing if it was just them

CMF_habib93

» CMF Member
i just got a major service and changed air,oil and fuel filters and only really saw an extra 30km or so per tank, i also used that injector cleaner **** you buy from super cheap and what not and it didn't seem to do a lot. do you think it might be my injectors or ECU ? it kinda pisses me off that I'm putting the 'better' fuel in my car and I'm not seeing results.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
get your injectors cleaned, and that injector cleaner **** from SCA or any places like that is ****! and take them to someone like Australia Fuel Injectors(springwood) or get a mbile dude out to your home

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Micras tend to pull better numbers from 95 octane fuel ( i have found this in the two i have owned), better than on 98.

Make sure your tyres have decent tread still and good air pressures too.

Try cleaning the air flow sensor in the TB with contact cleaner and make sure your engine has a solid earth still.

Plugs and leads can also reduce economy.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
and check the front brakes for binding , I have had both front disc's jam , piston in caliper and pads in holders , does not take much to free up , just clean up the pads and holders , squirt some brake fluid under the dust seal and exercise the piston in and out a few times .

Back