fuel injectors / ecu - location of fuse

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
My 1997 Nissan March (Micra in Australia) is not starting. After doing a full check-up I discovered there is no current coming in the Fuel Injectors while cranking the engine.

Does anyone know where the fuse for the Fuel Injectors / ecu is located? my fuse box cover on the right hand of the dash is in Japanese.

Thanks

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
"the injector fuse should be near the battery peter, and they are very prone to corrosion

Many thanks Frank, I have already checked the Fuse in front of the battery (on the fuse box cover it says Engine Control) it is not blown. What about the ECU which is located inside the car does it also have a fuse and if yes, where is it located?

Thanks in advance

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
"there are various feeds to the ecu peter (and a relay) but the injectors are constant live and are switched via earth eh, is there no live to your injectors then ?<BR><BR>frank[/quote]

Well, I removed one of the connectors from the injectors and checked for current with a voltmeter - none was showing.

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
"was that, a signal between the 2 wires on the plug while cranking, or a voltage between one of the wires and an earth somewhere peter ?

That was between the two wires on the plug Frank.

Anyway, after failing to start the car and your advice about the fuse, I removed each fuse one by one located in front of the battery and cleaned the metal legs and installed them back. After this, I checked each fuse one by one in the dashborad area - everything seemed to be in order. I then cranked the engine - nothing happened not even a small jerk to show some life.

I then got an idea. After removing the air cleaner, I poured a cap full of petrol in the air intake & cranked the engine - nothing happened. On the third crank, I heard a slight hiss from the engine then nothing. I again poured a cap full of petrol in the air intake, floored the pedal and cranked the engine after a long crank very slowly at first the engine just burst into life!!! The car seems to be starting just fine now - what do you think the problem was?

Frank, many thanks for all your help.

Back