FUEL FILTERS

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
up the back right hand corner on the firewall. it will be sitting vertically in a little bracket. the line coming off it goes to the fuel rail. so if you want trace the line from the fuel rail back to the filter. very easy to find and see.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Please take it easy on the caps lock.

Its easy to find, but a pain to get out of the hoses get stuck, which they probably will. I suggest some needle nose pliers and some band-aids, as you probably will skin your fingers or hands on this one.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
Thanks for the first responce guys. My Super S has done 112,500 miles and it's due for a good service. Air/Oil/Petrol Filters, Engine Cleaner, Oil, Plugs, Back/Front Frakes and Fiscs.
My Super S is brilliant as i have done nearly 8,000 miles in it since i bought it in February and it does 185 miles off £20.00 of fuel. I don't intend on getting another car for now, because this little car does the job.

CAN YOU THINK OF ANY THING ELSE THAT WOULD NEED CHANGING AT THIS INTERVAL, LIKE THE ROTOR ARM AND DIZZY CAP,...etc.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
HI GUYS, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD ENGINE OIL FOR MY SUPER S. I HAVE 112,000 ON THE CLOCK AND I HAVE ALL THE BITS TO GIVE IT A REALLY GOOD SERVICE, I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT 5/50 SEMI SYNTHETIC IS A GOOD CHOICE BUT I AM UNSURE ABOUT WHICH ONE WILL DO, I ALSO HAVE PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
platnium spark plugs will last longer than their copper brothers.

Performance wise, a fresh set of copper plugs every 6000miles will give you slightly better performance.

These days the plug to buy is an Irridium (NGK of course) which brings together longetivity and performance.

10w40 or 5 to 10w50 in the UK sound ok.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
hey guys finally got my service done. all the above sorted and the car feels brilliant, well worth the time and mony being spent on it. thanks for the advice. can you tell me how much watts can i go up to for front main beam head lights and full beam at the bottom of the bumper.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
my k11 has only got central locking on the drivers side door. can anyone tell me how i can get to use the passenger door to lock the drivers door and how much of a task it is to do it.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
sojah WROTE:

"my k11 has only got central locking on the drivers side door. can anyone tell me how i can get to use the passenger door to lock the drivers door and how much of a task it is to do it.

sojah WROTE:

"my k11 has only got central locking on the drivers side door. can anyone tell me how i can get to use the passenger door to lock the drivers door and how much of a task it is to do it.

sojah WROTE:

sojah WROTE:

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The question is what the fook.

Do you mean when you use the key to open the door it only unlocks the drivers door? This means you dont have central locking at all mate.

You need a central locking kit.

CMF_TorchTheRed

» CMF Member
I'd imagine he means that both doors lock if he locks the drivers side door but only the passenger door locks if he locks the passenger door and only the boot locks if he locks the boot.

You could lean over and lock the passenger door before you get out ;)

Back