fuel consumption

Not exactly sure. I worked it out today that I get roughly 40 to the gallon with my 1.3

Easy way to do it though. Theres 4.5 litres to a gallon at say 90p a litre so thats £4.05 a gallon. Take the amount it costs to fill the car, in my case £30 and divide that by the £4.05 to give you the number of gallons in a tank, so that would be 7.5 - then you just divide the number of miles you get from a tank by that number so 300/7.5 = 40.

Hope your good at maths,lol.

rite now from my standard super s but with pulsar wheels n im gettin somit like 27 to the gallon 15quid gets me 80miles n i dont cane it everywere jus sometimes! :O

this is way off does anyone have a solution? except change wheels! im gettin 15s soon :D

K11SS said:
this is way off does anyone have a solution? except change wheels! im gettin 15s soon :D

Drive like a granny!!

I have 15s on mine and get 300 miles from £30.
All depends aswell on if its town driving, motorway or open road etc too.

i dont think my g/f is gettin alot but were usually just driving about the town or driving for 5 mins then stoping etc so tha car isnt warming up correctly. gona take it for a big motor way drive on fri see what mpg we get and give the car a decent run.

I've got a 1.0 auto and using the fuel pump & tripmeter method I've got between 41 and 49mpg on the few occasions I've bothered to do it. All hinges on how accurate the tripmeter is, though. I can't imagine how K11SS is only getting 27 though... afterburners?

K11SS said:
rite now from my standard super s but with pulsar wheels n im gettin somit like 27 to the gallon 15quid gets me 80miles n i dont cane it everywere jus sometimes! :O

You could change to 10W30 motor oil! That would make up to 2% difference!

Dusk said:
My micra every 5 miles is 50p > 10 miles is £1 > 100 miles is £10 etc

mines exactly the same as this. its a good basic for charging people "taxi fair"! but i do mainly city driving and this is a good measure. every mile = 10p

my super s seems to be drinking it at the minute, i do drive a bit fast tho and i have to drive 20 minutes through heavy traffic twice a day, but i think i have got a bit of a fuelling problem at the moment

k11ss have you changed your plugs, fuel filter, etc lately, or checked your timing, might help a bit.

joe boy the i think the fuel consumption for a micra is supposed to be about 42 mpg, with the tank full (about 9 gallons) that should mean about 380ish miles, according to nissan, but thats when the engine is brand new, with the average driver on the speed limit, without loads of traffic, in my experiance this is very unrealistic tho, i generally find i get about 300 a tank

yeah i do this every 5000 miles or less if i can! only done it 2 weeks ago.

i changed my alloys back to 13s and im geting more miles to fuel ratio than i should, just done 130 n still got quarter tank from 15quid so in 'theory' i should get bout 180 to 15quid.

jus goes to show what big heavy alloys can do:(

and my driving has not changed throughout this thread if not worse with all my wheel spins etc in the wet:D

If im raging my 1.3 I can get roughly 270miles out of a full tank.
320 if im not with motorway driving.
Averaging about 290

I filled my K11 1.3 up 330 kms ago and it has 1/2 a tank left, I dont know what that equates to in mpg though. My old K10 1.0 (with 118000 miles on it) however gave me an average of 56 mpg on a run to Stranraer earlier this year, that was mostly motorway at an average of 75-80 mph, but in general mixed driving it usually gave me 45ish.

Before i put a k&n induction kit on i was getting about 90-100 from £10..now that has been reduced to around 70-75 from £10... is this bad? the car doesn't get thrashed about at all really...but the needle is playing up slightly since the induction..drops significantly sometimes etc..any info on all this? thanks

took off k&n to see just how much extra fuel it was drinking...looks like 20-25 plus miles at the mo

If you drive 'like a granny', you can save even more petrol. With my 1.3 K11, I can get it down to 7p per mile - but, this is driving at a constant 56mph, which gets a bit tiring.

Back