FS: Hurricane extractors $200

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
As some of you know just a bought a super s, which just so happens to have a/c so hurricanes have to go, $200 seems to be the going price atm but will be happy to take reasonable offers, located in sydney, north shore.

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
Campbell,
I am interested in a full (legal)system for my Micra (non-aircon) however I'm currently having difficulty in convincing the "Household Accounts Manager" that we need the exhaust(It has been pointed out that the "cheap runabout" has had a bit of money spent on it in the past couple of months)
What condition are the extractors, do they have a plug for the oxygen sensor? (do you have pictures) Do the extractors match the standard system or do you need to replace the whole system in one hit?
As I live North Queensland, I would need to pay for freight, what are the rough dimensions please.
Regards
Darren

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
haha the "household accounts manager", extractors are in fine condition they are a little dirty and the paint has faded but nothing some steel wool and new paint ont fix, but then again most people wrap them in heat-wrap anyway. yes they have a plug for oxygen sensor, i havnt double checked them against stock micra one but because they are made for a micra i would assume it would fit the stock sensor. It is pretty much necassary to replace the whole exhaust because the extractors and the length of the front pipe dont really match up. Without giving you dimensions i can tell you that it wil cost between 15-20 shipping because i had to ship them down from gold coast, maybe $25 depending.

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
Are these a 4-2-1 or 4-1 system?. From, what I can see, the 4-2-1 is better for my "needs" as I understand the 4-1 is really only for top end power increase. Also what diameter is the pipe please?

Do you/ or others know whether installing an exhaust system like this will require modification to the fuel system? (I also have a K&N pod filter/duct kit installed)

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
They are a 4-2-1 system, not quite sure what diameter the pipe is i many people have the hurricane system installed on there car and there are a few threads on here which should state it (sorry i dont know). I have heard that getting your car tuned after installing extractors does help, because it may run a bit lean i have heard.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I'm doing a dyno run on one of mine today which has hurricane's and a 2" mandrel bent system with a hi-flow cat. Hoping it doesn't run lean but we'll see.

You can't really just slap on larger injectors and expect everything to be ok - also doing the return pipe kinking to raise fuel pressure overall isn't the best idea - a rising rate fuel reg would be more appropriate but they're useless if the injectors are at 100% duty cycle.

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"I'm doing a dyno run on one of mine today which has hurricane's and a 2" mandrel bent system with a hi-flow cat. Hoping it doesn't run lean but we'll see.<BR><BR>You can't really just slap on larger injectors and expect everything to be ok - also doing the return pipe kinking to raise fuel pressure overall isn't the best idea - a rising rate fuel reg would be more appropriate but they're useless if the injectors are at 100% duty cycle.<BR><BR>---dens

not exactly, getting a rising rate fuel reg and screwing some more pressure through them is going to push your injector flow up and reduce your duty cycle, marginally, you only really need to look at injectors if you go bigger cams, screwing around with exhausts/intakes, the std stuff will be fine with a piggy back.

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
Morning, I priced a new Hurricane 4-2-1 set yesterday from Liverpool Exhausts at $300. Therefore would you except an offer of $150? I would also need to freight them up to Mareeba (near Cairns) I can arrange the frieght company however do you have a box or cardboard to wrap them?

Back