Front engine mount

Hi guys!

My front engine mount, which goes to the front cross member has a lot of play... I'm really struggling to find a replacment and I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I don't mind if its a standard replacement, or polyeurothane - ill go for whichevers cheaper :)

Cheers!

They usually do have a lot of play. You can fill the gaps with silicone or a chunk of rubber to stiffen it up if you wish

I've never heard of doing that with bushes lol.
Does it actually work?
I'd prefer to replace them for new if they're still available, it's a lovely car in original condition so I'd quite like to keep it that way, rather than bodging it :)

It does certainly work. Tisnt a bodge either. If the rubber has cracked or snapped then replace it beforehand.
But using a polyurethane sealant to fill the gaps takes up the play
The front doesn't really do much so by filling it with eith poly or a chunk of rubber your improving its effectiveness. It can then assist the rear engine mount

No explanation but neither do manuals.
probably to do with force involved would bend the front eventually (cross member)

Just to attend to this all, they do not sit tight to be honest... Not much force is exerted on them, the rear however has loads.

Back