FREE K10! 45k miles - great engine and box

Hi,
This is my first post here - so hello!

I am looking for a new home for my wife's K10, it's FREE to whoever collects it (as it's not for sale I didn't want to register as a full member, I just thought someone on here might be able to make use of it!).
It's a 'D reg' 1.0 Colette, it's done just under 45,000 miles, the engine, gearbox (4 spd) and brakes are fantastic, but the bodywork is starting to look a bit ropey!
The car has a bit of MOT left and is taxed until the end of this month, so if you're quick you could drive it away quite legally! If you're looking for some running gear then this is the car for you!

Let me be clear - it isn't for sale, it's totally FREE, my wife has a new (old - 1967) Beetle so it has to go, if you can make use of it then you can have it - otherwise it'll go to the scrapper which would be a shame as it's a great runner!

Please, no requests for individual parts, I don't plan to break it...

Let me know if you'd like it - first come, first served!

Located in Fareham, Hampshire on the south coast

Thanks for looking :love:

Tempted as i'm worried my car's gearbox is on the way out and I can't afford to "buy" a car... Do you reckon it would pass an MOT in all honesty?

Cheers,
James :)

Tempted as i'm worried my car's gearbox is on the way out and I can't afford to "buy" a car... Do you reckon it would pass an MOT in all honesty?

Cheers,
James :)

Last year it sailed straight through and didn't require a single thing - it's only done about 3k since then (maybe less) and still drives really well! I don't think there's much to worry about, but I haven't been under it for a while so I can't vouch for how solid it is - feel free to contact me if you want to come and take a look, just bear in mind that RichJ is local and has expressed an interest!

Cheers

No worries mate, I understand the way first come works :) I wasn't considering another car but seeing this pop up just sparked my interest!

I'll let you know :)

James.

Dear All,
RichJ has just popped around for a test-drive and is collecting the car tomorrow (quick work, eh!) - thanks for all your interest and for letting me find a new owner on your forum!

cheers

Justin

Back