found in a wreakers.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
umm, black spoiler as I recall, think the same for the skirts. They were on a blue 2door LX.
Datspares I think they are called.

I went there to get myself a bonnett and a hatch. to finish off my spares set.

The cars themselves are pretty gutted, very filthy.Front end damage.

I was hoping to get a radiator overflow bottle but they were all busted.
don't know what the engines would be like, 2 of the cars were cvt anyway.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I need a washer bottle lid :p Could probably find just a random one that's the same size though.

Should've taken some pics of it though ;) If i've got time tomorrow I might swing by and have a look.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
They must like you Mychael - the girl there quoted me $220 to $250 for the front bar alone, and it looks like some of the mounts are rooted.

That one with the sideskirts and lip was a green 4 door SLX. It looks like it's got custom extractors on it (slightly dodgy) but it has aircon and it fits around them pretty easily. That blue one on the right looked like it had a jap motor in it (black/plastic rocker cover). The one to the far left (was that blue too?) was the only manual pretty sure and it had no engine or gearbox.

Maybe it's just because I'm young and they think they can suck me out of more money :p

So there are three there currently - The one to the left with manual and no engine/gearbox, the middle one which was CVT and had sideskirts and was SLX and the one to the right which had the motor with the black rocker cover. Didn't have a good look at the one on the right. Had a pretty big front end accident on that one.

Was just looking for a washer bottle lid but all had been broken. The woman there was over my shoulder constantly and I didn't look at any N14's as I didn't want to push it any more. It's not really a pick-a-part type place so I guess that's to be expected.

---dens

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Mate just say you were quoted XXXXX price.. IF she denies the quoted proce simply state that if she wants to bend you over for the price tell her politely that you'll pay if she lets you bend her over as well.

That way everyone wins.

$220/250 is too much for a standard micra bumper.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Was just interested in what they were offering, I'll be keeping my front bumper, painting it black and using a lip I got the other day on it. It wasn't just a standard bumper (colour matched front lip to go with the rest of the body kit), but I agree, still way too much.

I'll let someone else with a green micra pick it up if they can convince the guys to sell it for a reasonable price.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Cheers. Come to think of it I could use a new distributor cap at some point too, should've checked the condition of the ones there. Would be nice to get a completely new part, but that likely means i'll have to turn to nissan (sigh).

Don't get me wrong, I like the somewhat uniqueness of these cars, just I like how the other project car i've got (KE70 Corolla) is so damn easy to find parts for cheaply.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yellowpages.com.au is your friend :p

Address

118 Main Rd (cnr Fairbank rd)
Clayton
VIC, 3168
Australia
Contact Details

Ph: (03) 9551 7111

Didn't check to see if the jap motor had a dizzy or dizzy cap.

I wonder if they're going to start bumping up prices now that they've got multiple people enqiring about them :p

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Indeed. Was actually thinking of going back to see if they had the higher gear shift surround that was in the Super S and SLX'es. Requires the different bottom bit from the centre console but I just think it makes things look a little neater.

Though to be honest, I don't think i'll be dealing with them anytime soon. Anyone know of any other nissan wreckers in melb with micras? Was surprised enough that these guys had 3.

---dens

Back