Under bonnet. Insulation.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I got a spare bonnet from a wreakers the other day. Cannot tell if it series 1 or 2. The thing I found interesting is that it is fitted with moulded under-bonnet sound deadening/insulation.
It's not an aftermarket job. It's properly moulded to the shape of the bonnet pressing with all the humps and holes in the correct places. Held on by push in plastic body trim clips.
I've never seen one on a Micra and my car which I've had from new did not have it.
Did anyone have it on their cars? Was it perhaps an option? Seems like an odd thing to be an option.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
There's a difference between S1 and S2 bonnets? Always thought that the grills had the same height and that since the lights and quarters hadn't seemed to have changed it'd be alright.

No sound deadening, but then mine's been replaced at some time in its life as I think my car's had a small frontend incident at some point in its life. Looking for a spare bonnet since the paintjob is absolutely screwed.

Where'd you get it if you don't mind me asking ;)

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Ahh damn, was thinking about that place to get one. Got a spare? :p

Anyhow, I was going to suggest it might be because of aircon or something, but then I haven't seen it under any super-s bonnets. Was also thinking it might've been an import micra but the only one that might've been an import there was the one with a damaged bonnet.

---dens

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
These came quite randomly. I've only ever seen micras in wrecking yards which have these underbonnet insulations. One was a s1 SLX and the other a s2 Super S (like mine).

Weird! I think cisco got a price on these from nissan. Might have been around $400 for it brand new?

Cheers

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah i'd be keen on it too if you're gonna chuck it anyway and its not destroyed...

how much have you guys paid for bonnets out of interest?

Back