Found a Cg turbo kit ! :O

technically that seems to be a kit for the nissan cube, which although uses the same engine, would probably have different routes to the front intercooler, so it probably isn't a bolt on kit and would require a bit of modding to fit to the micra.

also it is a bit suspicious that the manifold is not brand new if this is supposed to be a brand new kit

Prob because its going to be a "if you have to ask, its too much" situation :down:

Sadly i fear this also, although im going to ring up later and find out :wasntme:

And yes America, but perhap's we could get a group by on the go?...

and if im not mistaken, those mani's look alot like the hks jobby's ?..

And im just guessing but i'd assume the cube and micra share the same floor pan ?...

i don't think routing for the Fmic would be any sort of issue :p

technically that seems to be a kit for the nissan cube, which although uses the same engine, would probably have different routes to the front intercooler, so it probably isn't a bolt on kit and would require a bit of modding to fit to the micra.

also it is a bit suspicious that the manifold is not brand new if this is supposed to be a brand new kit

Also, the kit is acutally advertised for a nissan 'march' the yank equivalent of the micra (as im sure you're aware) :laugh:

Just noticed the kit doesn't include the £400+ mapping? :wasntme:
so whatever the cost plus more on top.

Allow Me..... :
http://www.redlinemotive.com/part-number/turbo-specialties/nm2003.asp

turbo-specialties-superior-turbo-kit.jpg

Part Number: NM2003

Turbo Specialties Superior Turbo Kit

$1599.99
Ouch!!!!

Hmmph, ouch... maybe we could get a group buy together, or atleast work out who would be interested at a 'reduced' price...

or if we buy say 5 kits?.. get shipping free?...

you'll be amazed at what just 'ringing' and explaining the situation can do for abit of bargaining :wasntme:

Turbos come preassembled to manifolds with oil and water lines attached to turbo and turbos are set at 6 lbs. of boost which will perform nicely and give a 40 % increase of horsepower while not causing damage to the motor.

So that is 112hp? You can get that with N/A tuning and it will be cheaper!

Turbos come preassembled to manifolds with oil and water lines attached to turbo and turbos are set at 6 lbs. of boost which will perform nicely and give a 40 % increase of horsepower while not causing damage to the motor.

So that is 112hp? You can get that with N/A tuning and it will be cheaper!

that's just base map :) .... Turn it up at your own risk :p

turbo is set to 6lbs of boost, and the piggy back ecu is pre-mapped for that, more boost - re-mapped, simples :)

TBH regardless of where you go the money will always be massive in comparason to the value of a 14+ year old Micra, but if you bought it bit by bit it will still turn out big money. Any car you own and start tuning its all the same in the end ,give or take.

If you want to turbo your car be prepared to spend big money over the course of the build and running.

seems like a fair price. if anyone has tried to turbo their micra they can't expect to do it for under a K anyway, and thats even if you source all the parts and built most of it yourself. tuning any car is expensive, and as for comparing it to the price of the car, find me any highly modified car that hasn't had more work done to it than the original cost of the car? just the front speakers alone in my car cost the same as the car itself.

I dunno if anyone's seen this before, but here goes anyways..

i've read all over the net that there 'IS NOT' a turbo 'KIT' for sale for the micra?

I'll now prove this to be false..

un-sure of price as its not listed (probably for the best) :wasntme:

but here's the link, not an 'amazing kit' but it'd be a good base for a noobie booster :laugh:(Y)

http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/engine-model-cg13de-wt20-turbo-p-151.html
Dan

There's always been off the shelf kits for the micra, it's just the premium they want for them is way to high. Making it yourself is a whole lot cheaper.

As Ed said.... it will be rubbish.

and people said my my cammed highcomp SR t/b QG injector engine would self destruct on a stock 1.0 ecu fwn
several trackdays later (and emissions passed).......................i,m still waiting for the bang :p

and people said my my cammed highcomp SR t/b QG injector engine would self destruct on a stock 1.0 ecu fwn
several trackdays later (and emissions passed).......................i,m still waiting for the bang :p

Yeah, apparently these nutter's are forgetting they're not driving ford's or vauxhalls, it's nissan were talking about yo ! :)

GOT BOOST?... nah my rubbish map won't allow it. :glare:

haha yeah i remember people telling me my n14 sunny would go out with a bang when i turbo'd it. i had it for a long time in turbo form and the only thing that killed it was rust:laugh:

haha yeah i remember people telling me my n14 sunny would go out with a bang when i turbo'd it. i had it for a long time in turbo form and the only thing that killed it was rust:laugh:

Yeah, its easy nuff talking shiz behind the computer screen, but not many people have the experience or knowledge to back it up.. Bar a few..

my shed built micra will hang with most 'Motorsport tuned' micra's... but that's because i spent a whole 36 hours to build my engine :laugh:

yeah i think a lot of people just work it out on there calculator computer thing's that it will blow up when that isn't always true. i have diy fitted a few turbo's on some of my cars in the past and never had a problem. im the sort of person that will just do it and if it goes bang just go to the scrap yard and get another engine and do it all again lol.

Back