Forester seats --> Micra - Take 2

smidge

» CMF Member
i recently installed some forester seats into the micra, using the forester rails...

comfy, but the back of the seat sat up to high, the front part (under the knees) was around the same height but the micra ones the butt part sits quite a bit lower

the other problem is they wouldn't fold nearly as far forward as the micra ones did which was a PITA after only two days

it involved gutting both the seats and transferring the padding and covers onto the micra bits

will probly be making a vid on how to do this for anyone interested, and will have some pics when i get home... but it turned out pretty well i reckon!

heres a pic, sorry bout the crap phone quality, gotta grab the rest off the camera

Attachments

• 32991.jpg
    32991.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 38

smidge

» CMF Member
as we've discovered turbo, i'm a bit tight when it comes to modifying :D

whole interior (front and back) was $200... and matches the look, is legal blah blah

pretty happy with it anyways, but gonna back more foam into the ass of the seat so its squishy

smidge WROTE:

"as we've discovered turbo, i'm a bit tight when it comes to modifying :D<BR><BR>whole interior (front and back) was $200... and matches the look, is legal blah blah<BR><BR>pretty happy with it anyways, but gonna back more foam into the ass of the seat so its squishy

yeh man, i reckon it looks mad.. and the arm rest thing is awesome.. might have to get some integrated into my bride :) ... should get yourself a center console thing where the gearstick is....

smidge

» CMF Member
seats and little effort don't really go together unless you give someone some money to weld you up a seat frame, there's another thread floating around here about that

Back