Ford Transit Connect + back end of ST = project ST phase 2

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Yesterday I was on the M5 in relativly heavy slow moving traffic. Traffic came to a slow stop and the van behind me stopped to (I think) 30 seconds or so later BANG. Traffic had not moved yet I was still sitting with foot on brake, and the van had driven into the back of the ST. At first I thought he had been pushed forward by the artic behind him. I got out to inspect damage, both rear clusters are cracked, the bumper is also cracked, and it needs a new boot. Not great. I took his details and also filmed what had happened (!!!), then called his company when I could stop next to get details etc.. Im now going to check it over properly and get a price from nissan for the parts. Bummer!

Attachments

• Photo-0100.jpg
    Photo-0100.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 581
Yeah its not too bad ish, but quite alot was damaged even if it was relativly light. It made an impressive crunch, however. Boot,lights bumper, bumper bar etc from nissan (japan) + fitting spraying etc isnt going to be cheap for their insurers or them if they keep it private either.

Ed

Not good. Hope you get it sorted out ok though mate. May be quite pricey finding those bits though. Will it be sorted for JAE?? Good luck getting it done anyway.

what if they look at it, call it a micra and write it off? :S

try and show them market prices if they do try something stupid like that, prove its worth. How did he do it anyway? Took his foot off the clutch while in gear?

Ian said:
what if they look at it, call it a micra and write it off? :S

try and show them market prices if they do try something stupid like that, prove its worth. How did he do it anyway? Took his foot off the clutch while in gear?
I said this to him yesterday, basically you'd say to them: it's not a Micra, its a March Super Turbo. As Ed said to me: The only reference to how much these things are actually worth is their import price, which is well above £2k.

Glad your alright bud, as i said in my text yesterday, and hope you can put the car right soon!

Ben said:
very possible it will get written off
I really don't see it being written off - how will they prove it's a boggo K10 worth like £200? It's insured for a LOT more than a standard K10 IIRC

lol, its not a normal K10, You cannot get one for less than 3K on import, its replacment price reflects the basic value even before anything else, Oh and the fact its number 21 in existance haha. I have a price from nissan for the parts, excluding the lights, which I need to find and its about £480 thats before any labour or painting etc...

Ed

The rest seems ok so far, It can be fixed I've only just got home.

I'm not going for any whiplash nonsense. I'm fine, and to be honest doing so spoils it for those who do get hurt and puts up insurance for us all :p

Ed

i was genuinely injured :( poor poor manda. woe is me etc

seriously, all ######ing around aside, good luck sorting it out

Cheers :) so long as they dont start messing me about it should be a painless job.

that's harsh mate, i'm glad you're ok... you sure you have no wiplash lol :)

at least it wasn't your fault and at least your car won't be a write off, my car is just a normal micra :(

so everybody who hasn't crashed their car this year put your hands up... anyone?

i know the ST has a unique front bumper but the rear bumper is the same as it is on other micras yea? and those will be March rear lights? shame :(

what you should do is cut up the old bumper and hatch etc and make genuine March ST keyrings made from a real March ST!! :D :D i'd buy one lol actually did that with my old bonnet when that got smashed up lol,

hope you get it all sorted quickly, ready for JAE ;)

NeX said:
what you should do is cut up the old bumper and hatch etc and make genuine March ST keyrings made from a real March ST!! :D :D i'd buy one lol actually did that with my old bonnet when that got smashed up lol

lol I'd want one too, I'll add it to my ever growing keyring collection, which is now over 300 filling about 4 shoe boxes :D

steve.moody said:
lol I'd want one too, I'll add it to my ever growing keyring collection, which is now over 300 filling about 4 shoe boxes :D

lol cool! :D

well i might have to dig out another bit of my bonnet so you can have a K11Gx keyring too ;)

Ed said:
I'm not going for any whiplash nonsense. I'm fine, and to be honest doing so spoils it for those who do get hurt and puts up insurance for us all :p

Ed

nice one ed

sick of this compensation culture getting out of hand

someone who was perfectly fine claimed personal injury from me once, after an accident 3 years ago... really annoying.

with that aside, glad your okay, and good luck getting the ST sorted out, hope its nothing toooooo major :S

*hand up* well last crash was August 2005 and that wasnt my fault either :( Written off car though :(

Sorry to hear about the crash m8! nice car too and rare! Hope it gets sorted and even if u aint got wiplash claim it. Nice wad to put towards upgrading the ST even more ;)

Dusk said:
Andy, your car wasnt written off - your still driving it..
its cat d i think mate. Write off as uneconomical to repair. I bought it back for £40 woooooo and got it repaired AND full respray AND smooth boot for just under £700 :) (i got £660 for the car after buying back)

NeX said:
so everybody who hasn't crashed their car this year put your hands up... anyone?

Ooh ooh ooh, meeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :D

Oh and Ed, already said good luck but just in case anyone's wondering lol!!!!

#### i missed this one, would have mentioned it on the phone if id known. glad your ok and good stuff for the video footage that will help you lean on them if they get arsey. hope you get it sorted soon and back to its former glory without any niggling issues.

all those with their hands up have now offically tempted fate :p

and @ Layla, i am a good driver its other people lol :p

ouch sorry to hear... thats going to be a nice bill when u send it to them lol considering all parts will ahve to come frmo japan lol this is why i leave a nice gap infront where ever i go lol

gd luck tho :)

Sorry to hear about this Ed.

Hope it gets sorted without too much delay and nothing else causes any problems.

Kev

Well the car will not be at JAE. Further more, as I posted a while ago Recently one of the rad hoses split causing the car to overheat. It was repaired however in the recent very hot weather it was not coping as well as I would expect, today I found out why, as it appears this has killed the headgasket again. (water temp reached 119deg last week). So the car is going to be pulled from the road and delt with properly with no rush to get it back to its former glory. I dont yet know what I shall do, but I suspect that this will probably run on for a fair while, possibly even untill after christmas.. We shall see...

Entering phase 2!!

Ed said:
Well the car will not be at JAE. Further more, as I posted a while ago Recently one of the rad hoses split causing the car to overheat. It was repaired however in the recent very hot weather it was not coping as well as I would expect, today I found out why, as it appears this has killed the headgasket again. (water temp reached 119deg last week). So the car is going to be pulled from the road and delt with properly with no rush to get it back to its former glory. I dont yet know what I shall do, but I suspect that this will probably run on for a fair while, possibly even untill after christmas.. We shall see...

Entering phase 2!!

Harsh mate, would have been great at JAE... are you personally still comming to JAE?

though i see where you're coming from, if you rushed the car now it would only be off the road in a weeks time...

good luck with it tho, what will you be driving instead?

I have another K10, And YES ill be at JAE! Who will do radio and fireworks if im not lol. :) Back to the car.. I want to rebuild this engien anyway its in quite a good condition at the moment, I dont want to leave things to the point of my old black ST that needs a real big rebuild to get it back to A1 again.

JAE FM again?
Excellent :D

Look on th ebright side Ed, you will save an absolute mint in fuel

wow...and im gutted about my car! (and mine was my fault)! fell so bad for you mate, ive been in a tamping mood thinking why the hell did i take my eyes off the road!!!! ive spent all day strping the front end of my super to see how much i can steal for the front end of the super S (sadly turns out most of it is non-removeable!) its far worse when someone else does it! hope it all goes okay, and jae gutting :doh: (although i dunno how to get there any more damn car!) would have liked to see it in the flesh.

Im actually not that bothered right now. Yes its a pain etc, but I have so much more to get done and organised that its really a second thing. Craig, the ST now actually does more MPG than a normal K10 when driven the same. I may yet change my mind, but i would like to do alot to it now, turbo, fmic etc and take it to the final stages to see whats possible. But being realistic this prob wont happen for a while

Back