2 Days 2 Smashed cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that im Jynxed or all my friends just unlucky? Everyone i know and go out with has crashed except 3 people.

1st car that happend Yesterday well...Thursday....My mate was goin down the Cat n Fiddle in buxton...(Dont know if uve herd of it) and he had never been down in the dark before....he said he was driving quite slow but then he reached the worst corner (Pump House Corner) and lost the back end...sliding to either side then finally flipping it in to a field. He and his mate were both ok but cars naffed.

2nd Crash was tonight at about 11.00pm We went down Goyt Valley in Buxton to let a few fire works off...Pete a friend ive known from primary school said 'Im off mate im gonna go bed' so i said yeah ill see ya in a bit....we all left about 3 mins after he did. Just comin out of Goyt Valley theres a sharp left hand corner and a Lake down the bank on the right. Just got to that corner n petes standin there....i said mate what the hell you doin? wheres ur car? He says ermmmm upside down in the lake....:down: i was like OMG no way.....i trembeld down the bank with me Pone light on to see the damage. I found he had totally ripped the driveshaft in half, the Wishbone And the Suspension all off the drivers side. Roofs totally caved in but him and the girl who was in with him both got out safely...even tho he had a bit of glass in his hand. What had happend was the road had iced up whilst we were down there and it just Understeered around the corner. He said he couldnt stop laughing when he Stupidly undid his seatbelt whilst still upside down and landed head first flat on the roof. But ateast there alllll ok:laugh:

I know the pics are abit blery but my cam is slow on night mode and i was shaking coz i was FREEEEZZIINNNGGG!!!! Ill get some more pics tomorrow in the light tho :D

Attachments

• DSC04499.JPG
    DSC04499.JPG
    445.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC04500.JPG
    DSC04500.JPG
    411.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC04501.JPG
    DSC04501.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC04502.JPG
    DSC04502.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC04503.JPG
    DSC04503.JPG
    380.7 KB · Views: 245
they must of been speeding to do that

Yeh there's no way you can roll a car at low speed unless you manage to find something really steep.

I doubt they were going 'slow' anyway.

Oh well no doubt they'll learn from their lessons and hopefully come out better drivers. Thankfully they lived.

oh thats bad. im glad we arnt mates lol. i like the thing about the seatbelt tho thats funny, glad there all ok tho.

thats a nasty bend at pump house, I've been off there myself (bike) it would have been the icy conditions that caused both accidents, the Goyt is always bad in the winter, be careful Gaz, accidents come in threes you know lol.

Worryingly all my family have crashed when they were 21 years old...

My sister is 21 this year... she is not getting in my car.

Yeah they were both bad crashes....The wernt speeding but going to quick on the ice.....Sonic ive been round Pump house corner on my scoot at 60 in the wet and it was all good.....But thing is if you dont know the road it makes it twice as bad...it aint just a normal corner it bends to the left (if ur coming down) strightens up abit then bends left even more....so if you take it at the wrong angle it will chuck you on the other side of the road....but ive made a marker on where to turn :D

Pete my mate in the 106 must have been only goin 20-30 mph cause i was comin up the hill at 40 and felt it sliding...but if i stopped i wouldnt be able to get up so i must have taken the corner at 30 - 35 but i had my foot down on the floor to steady the scoot :D....only reason he flipped was because when he lost the front end he hit the grass banking just before the drop...so thats what flipped him :(

Took some more pics today at work. I now know 4 people who have Wrapped up 106's so please dont get one....not even if they try to give you one :)

Attachments

• DSC04504.JPG
    DSC04504.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC04505.JPG
    DSC04505.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 188
its cos 2006 is the year everyone crashes...

haven't all the admins crashed their cars this year? and i've crashed mine twice :D

i HATE 2006!!

Post like this happen often around this time of year. Its one of the most hazadous..

Be carefull everyone we have never had a fatalitiy from anyone within this club and I know everyone would want it to stay that way.

Yeah they were both bad crashes....The wernt speeding but going to quick on the ice.....Sonic ive been round Pump house corner on my scoot at 60 in the wet and it was all good.....But thing is if you dont know the road it makes it twice as bad...it aint just a normal corner it bends to the left (if ur coming down) strightens up abit then bends left even more....so if you take it at the wrong angle it will chuck you on the other side of the road....but ive made a marker on where to turn :D

Pete my mate in the 106 must have been only goin 20-30 mph cause i was comin up the hill at 40 and felt it sliding...but if i stopped i wouldnt be able to get up so i must have taken the corner at 30 - 35 but i had my foot down on the floor to steady the scoot :D....only reason he flipped was because when he lost the front end he hit the grass banking just before the drop...so thats what flipped him :(

Took some more pics today at work. I now know 4 people who have Wrapped up 106's so please dont get one....not even if they try to give you one :)

So it was icey but you were going 40mph up the hill........rightttttt.

Both were going too fast, to flip like that you'd need to be speeding by a considerable amount.

No you wouldn't. Its amazing how SLOW you can go an still roll over! It all depends on the road surface (physical) what stops you how it stops you etc. Although it would be true that in most cases speed plays a big part, it is not all cases.

Sorry to hear about all these crashes but it is getting towards the worst time for it.

Black ice has had me twice in the past but heve never done any real damage lucky for me.
The worst was my clio when the back snapped out on a corner and hit the curb bending the rear stub axle, it has made me far more careful and is why in every car i have had since i have learned how to controll a slide rather than just panicing and making it worse.

No you wouldn't. Its amazing how SLOW you can go an still roll over! It all depends on the road surface (physical) what stops you how it stops you etc. Although it would be true that in most cases speed plays a big part, it is not all cases.

With the extent of damage they have, I'd still say its speed.

that old lady fliped her car in a petrol station lol,

I hit some ice the other night coming home work, nothing major small skid when braking for traffic lights. just shows the roads are iceing up so becareful

Those cars look abit of a mess tho.

With the extent of damage they have, I'd still say its speed.

Nahh it wasnt speed....he had a girl in with him and she hates it if you drive quickly so he wouldnt act like a fool. Like i said....the only reason why he flipped it was because he hit the Grass banking before goin over it and landing in the lake.

To be honest i like snow more than black ice....because i know when its gonna start sliding...unlike ice jus chucks me off :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back