Forced fuel cut off

CMF_headline

» CMF Member
Hi!

My name i Gustav and this is my first post in this forum. I´m having some thougts in improving fuel cunsumption om my Micra 1,0.

The basic idea: Engine braking with wide open trottle.

Why? To be able to engine brake with less braking force.

Pumping losses in engine is one part of the total braking force (closed trottle makes the engine to create vaccum behind trottle wich brakes the engine).

The idea is basically to cut the fuel injectors with a switch witch would create enginge braking. With full trottle the braking force would be less wich would mean it would be possible to engine brake more often and in longer periods.

Question: How tu cut the injectors without the enginge managmnent freaks out and give any fault readings?

Any obvious things that would be hamful for the engine, emission system or other?`

Hit me with your knowledge!

/Gustav

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi gustav

i think the injectors are constant live, and signaled via earth (from the ecu), so yeh, fit a switch to the injector fuse (near the battery i think).
i doubt you,ll do any harm, but personally i,ll stick to knocking the car into neutral and coasting (unless you,ve got an auto of course ?)

frank

CMF_headline

» CMF Member
Hi Frank!

I´ll invetigate the fuse and see if it´s possible!

The main idea is to cut the fuel off completly. When coasting in neutral and engine in idle you´ll still consuming fuel. I have manual gearbox but is it not possible to get in neutral with a auto? And since ideling is a bad situation for the engine in terms of fuel used/work done.

take a look at: http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_110216/article.html

Regards Gustav

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gustav

i think fuel consumption during idling is minimal, there is probably only 2 or 3hp availiable at idle.
and i think you,ll still get high pumping losses at full throttle, look at the engine braking diesel,s have, and they have no throttle (ie constant WOT)

frank

Back