FMIC Install progress

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
hey fellas,

been busy putting in my front mount, not the easiest job i've done but so far very rewarding!

only thing so far stopping me being 100% happy is i dont know how to flare the ends of the pipes, i haven't had to cut very many of the generic kit i bought but one or two flares would be good for piece of mind

less talk more pics...
k10fmic1.jpg

k10fmic2.jpg

k10fmic3.jpg

k10fmic4.jpg

k10fmic5.jpg

k10fmic6.jpg

k10fmic7.jpg

k10fmic8.jpg

k10fmic9.jpg

k10fmic10.jpg

k10fmic101.jpg

k10fmic103.jpg

Makes me want to do mine.. oh wait a minute I need a working engine first!!!

thanks guys!

i'm not 100% happy with the cold side going over the turbo but i really didn't have many options cause i need to retain the aircon

the one thing thats farked me up is that one of the 4 right angle pieces in the kit is more not quite 90 degrees which means its not quite as tight and square as i'd like

also i messed up and bought 2.5 to 2inch reducers instead of 2.25 which is what the cooler outlets are

the silicon stuff costs a bomb if you don't know exactly what you're after

so far the install has cost over $600, but that with HEAPS of spares left which i reckon i'll get a bit back on

might need a smaller airfilter too to keep the battery where it is now and not fight the piping, although i did drill the hole with the battery tray in place so should be sweet

ok quik question, same as i asked baz why did you use blue joiners for the piping when you have a red top engine? and yes baz its plastic for the moment will be changing to metal piping soon!!

blue joiners are common and often stocked items. They prob came with his kit.

blue joiners with the kit, i dont really care for engine bling i just want it to work

if anything i'd change them to black as it looks less fullsick and probably less attention from the authorities... black cooler piping would be nice too but if the installs neat i don't think i'll get many hassles

beautiful spring day yesterday to do it all and now ####ing down with rain!! so not very good weather to finish it off

What spares do you have mate??Pics please

bits of pipe and silicone and clamps, will get a pic for ya today mate!

whats the deal with mods over there then? Are they tough on it?

depends really, if you drive like a tool they could use it as a reason to send you to the EPA for an emissions test, and they'd say no its not legal etc etc

it will be hidden in behind the bumper and look quite neat in the engine bay, if i get any unwanted attention there is always black paint..

ok quik question, same as i asked baz why did you use blue joiners for the piping when you have a red top engine? and yes baz its plastic for the moment will be changing to metal piping soon!!

o_O I think red is to in your face.Warren man don't call it a red top.

blue joiners with the kit, i dont really care for engine bling i just want it to work

Thats it I don't be worrying when I am flat out round mondello

if i had a tig it would look absolutely awesome (lets not forget i'm a musician/sound guy by trade and totally self taught! so i'm pretty proud of it so far)... but horses for courses, its not a supercar monster its just a good fun street car, i reckon it looks great too! finished it tonight (and managed to fit everything back in the engine bay, including washer bottle

k10fmic21.jpg

k10fmic22.jpg

k10fmic23.jpg

k10fmic24.jpg

k10fmic25.jpg

k10fmic26.jpg

k10fmic27.jpg

sory baz i no its nt fully red more like cherry top and you no wat im like for colour coding things in my st man haha

Great job! how does it perform?

bit more lag on the supercharger but otherwise the same, i don't get nervous holing high boost up a long hill anymore tho, knowing the air going in is nice and cool

i think i may heat wrap the pipe going over the turbo housing, i'm really not to crash hot on where it is cause sitting in traffic that pipe is gonna heat up quite a bit and its on the wrong side to be heating up

baz once i get a new UFO and am 100% sure its running right then i'll tell ya!

bit more lag on the supercharger but otherwise the same, i don't get nervous holing high boost up a long hill anymore tho, knowing the air going in is nice and cool

i think i may heat wrap the pipe going over the turbo housing, i'm really not to crash hot on where it is cause sitting in traffic that pipe is gonna heat up quite a bit and its on the wrong side to be heating up

baz once i get a new UFO and am 100% sure its running right then i'll tell ya!

Did you order it man?
Yeah better off heat wrapping that one but the car will run alot cooler now and no chance of melting pistons like what happened to me!
Btw does your water temp sit around 3/4's thats the way they all are

sory baz i no its nt fully red more like cherry top and you no wat im like for colour coding things in my st man haha

I know what ya mean warren,I'd like all my boost hoses to be black

hey mate, yeah water temp gauge sits right up near the top line all the time but fan kicks in fine, last owner replaced everything thermostat, sender, etc etc so its sweet... still im paranoid and gonna install a seperat temp gauge put it in the glove box or something..

none of the nissan places round here will help me out!! "nah can't get it"

i've gotta ring nissan AUS and find out who will help me out

once i've replaced that i can dyno it again or at least get an idea if its running as it should, ive no idea how fast its supposed to be so can't compare yet really!

looking good that smidge :) with the bonnet shut looks factory, so hopefully the coppers over there will leave you alone :)

Yoko Parada Spec-2s? Nice tyres! ;)

Looking good mate, I'll be looking for an FMIC for the Bluebird soon, although it'll probably be a Saab or Volvo IC!

Back