koni install...grrrrr >-/

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Well yesterday i was so happy. I rang Fulcrum to find that my koni's were here in Brisbane.

lil story...when i rang them up to order them on Tuesday, they thought i was from a suspention place and well to cut a long story short, i got my koni's at wholesale price. yay:D

Anyways as soon as i got home yesterday i attacked the easy ones first. The rears were a piece of cake. No dramas at all. And i took her for a drive and just from installing them i can feel a dramatic change in drivabilty. some how it just sits some much nicer on the ground, and at launch there seems to be less "tipping" to the rear for want of a better word.

Well today my luck has changed:-( went to bunnings to collect all the necessary tools required. Apparently you need a 14mm drill bit?? (frigg'n hell big drill bits are expensive) they didn't have a 14mm so i went with a 13mm lol>hoping<

I gets home pull jack her up, put her on stands, take wheels off, and proceed to undo nuts that hold the bottom of the strut to the hub. got the top one off no worries. Thats as far as i got.
I have broken 2 spanners and a brand new socket wrench trying to undo the bottom nut.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*echo.....

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You need a ring spanner to put on side and jam it up against the hub (making sure it is straight on the nut) so that side doesnt move.

Then you need a quality forged socket, a breaker bar AND a piece of steel pipe to add leverage.

Physics became my friend when i did my suspension. :p

Talk to you on msn..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Haha yep saved the day for matty.

My 1.8m long piece of steel pipe, my Japanese made breaker bar (you can't snap it - I had it flexing pretty nasty this afternoon and its fine...) and one of dad's random 17mm japanese made sockets.

For one of them i put a hell of a lot of force on the end of the extension pipe (anyone who has done physics knwos why i use a pipe to make the breaker bar longer - levers are your friend) and I was sure something was going to snap but it didnt.

Crazy. I reckon japanese tools are a whole grade above the likes of Sidchrome/snap-on.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!! thnx veryone for your help in getting my koni's on specaily,
Tom, who drove ova and un-screwed my nuts:p
Alex, who having done his b4 was a wealth of knowledge on the matter and,
Emily, who drove me to bunnings to collect a few tools i needed because i had killed some in the process:D

Back