Clutch & Flywheel

CMF_Urban

» CMF Member
Hey,

Well I think i've F*'d the clutch in tic ta, lol.

I did it a few months ago and only seems to be getting worse.

So in a fortnight i think i will purchase one of the heavy duty ones off www.datrats.com.au

After that i'll be saving for the lightened flywheel.

With respect to the flywheel, what type of things should i expect from the car?

Also, How much would yous roughly expect to pay for a car place to put in a short shifter, a tacho, new clutch and lightened flywheel?

Sorry for all the questions. I finally have 2 jobs now, so the money is coming in a wee bit faster then when i had none.. LOL.

Cheers, Cameron.

cisco

» CMF Member
I have a place listed in our Good Guys section called:

Premium Brake Services Pty Ltd
10 Hall St Newcastle NSW 2300
ph: (02) 4926 1511

They are absolute legends. Service is second to none. You can't beat it. I bought them a carton of beer I was that happy with what they did for me. They do clutches, flywheels etc and will do a top job.

Regardless of the myths: A flywheel will make the engine more responsive at any RPM, and also increase top end peak power. But you gain right through the rev range. Its a very good investment if you get something decent like a JUN or datrats flywheel. Revs will drop off more quickly, i.e. coasting on a highway, you will need to hold more throttle on to keep the same RPMs as the flywheel has less momentum. But as soon as you nail it, the engine climbs rpm much stronger and swifter than before. Definately worth it.

cisco

» CMF Member
Capital Brakes in Tudor Street are also good guys with good prices too. I've had one done there before too.

Back