Flat spots

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right,
Was pissing about with my boost Valve today, and now i've got a major flatspot in 2nd and 3rd. So is it runnig to rich or to lean? Won't take two secs to change, just don't want to damage anything.
Titch :kungfu:

Where is the flatspot?
You could always rev the engine in the flatspot for a while, cut it and then check the spark plugs to see how it is running, will tell you if it is detonating also

You could try disconecting the ecu for 30mins/1hour to reset it. My mates seat leon had flat spots and did that and it was fine afterwards. And on the plus side its easyer than playing with the boost valve for now.

You could reset the timing, Dave said that this remove d a flat spot, either that or a remap or even just remove PBV/play with it some more

MAJOR PROBS :( :(!!

Right, was heading upto Perth tonight, about 20 mins drive away, and i've never felt the car drive so badly. I Had no power in any gear, and the car is running sooo badly. It idels ok (which is strange for the 1.6 tb) but will not pick up past 2000, then once through that it dies again at 4000. Have disconnect the battery to reset the ECU for tonight, but any other ideas? Same problem as Dr Zoidberg had i think :(
Titch :'(

You may be shagging the engine if it is running majorly lean, I would put the micra TB back on and see what you have, you not put that fuel controller on yet?
I take it you have checked the ignition system?

Goona put that TB back on today i think, as its not running right atall. Fuel controller still aint here, so will get that in as soon as. Any other way of telling?

Ok - put the CG10 TB back on today, and it runs perfectly now, so the problem must of been with the 1.6 tb. Got a funn feeling that it may of jst died, but will get another one on it to try it out!
Titch

spark plugs are recently changed, plus if its running better wi the 1L tb then it must have been something to do with the 1.6tb

RE: RE: Flat spots

Titch said:
Same problem as Dr Zoidberg had i think :(
Titch :'(

not far off mate, just it only happened in 3rd for me :S then it fixed itself one day still never figured it out.

still worth checking the basics out mate plugs etc, just in case :)

Back