Fitting new parts

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
So guys ive ordered the following parts and am waiting for them to arrive. Ive ordered :

New Throttle body
New Distributor
New water pump
New thermostat
New iridium spark Plugs, MAGNECOR KV85 leads,K&N air filter

does any one have any hints tips or links on installing any of these part it would be helpfull. I have the haynes service and repair manual is that sufficient enough.

Also would installing the Throttle body and distributor make my car run any better as i dont have any problems as yet.
My water pump has an o-ring leak which ill fix and keep as spare, and the thermostat is stuck open.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I would fit the pump and thermostat first and check all is watertight again .
Do the plugs and check the car runs ok with them .

fit the filter and leads , keep the new dizzy safe whilst you suss out any problems that could mess up the new TB .

Do the dizzy and again check the car still runs ok .

then fit the TB and check the car runs ok .

bag up the old parts as spares .

nothing worse than fitting a load of new parts to find the one of them dont work properly , or wrecking a newly fitted part whilst working on somat elese .

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
ohhh ok I assumed it was on the actual pump. The problem i have is it leaks few drops from time to time havent seen any lately but sometimes it will leak and other times it dosent. i havent been able to track where the leak is exactly but it is around the water pump so i assumed from looking at the forum that it is an o-ring on the water pump.

So your saying theres an o-ring for the steel pipe behind where the pump sits, how hard is that too to fix.Does anyone have pics of this, im gona start looking for a thread on this from the past if there is one on here.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the O ring seals the pump end of this steel pipe, that runs under the inlet mani (which is held by 2 x 12mm bolts iirc)

Attachments

• 67633.jpg
    67633.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 36
Back