Fitting JVC Radio Bracket

macwillis

Ex. Club Member
i have searched the forums but cant find anything helpful

i have a JVC CD player but i dont have a cage for it, with the screwholles being at the front of the dash but on the side of the cd unit, i know i need some sort of cage/bracket
any one know of any cant find them in halfords or on ebay.

regards

Most cages don't fit in the K11 hole. Well, I've put 3 head units in micra's and non of them had a cage that fitted. (Kenwood, pioneer and pioneer)

Use the brackets and screws off your stock head unit, but be aware that on some makes (pioneer i know) only one hole will line up, so you have to live with it. It'll sit fine in the dash, but don't expect both to line up.

all radio cages are standard din size. on the k11 once the stock stereo is removed and the brackets are unscrewed any standard cage will fit. so all pioneer, kenwood, alpine, jvc, sony etc etc etc will fit straight it.
the only ones that wont fit are ebay specials from china or double din head units that are twice the size of a standard one.

jvc cages are the same as sony and pioneer cages so any will be ok for your head unit. alpine ones are different and usualy use two spring loaded clips on the front panel of the head unit.

if you cant get a cage to fit, your not trying hard enough!

sorry for being a bit of a noob, its my 2nd car ( 1st one was a rover 100 which i had for 5 weeks, its a long story) but i dont understand how the cage will attatch to the car

i dont have the stock unit or the brackets.
the only anchor points i can see are 4 screws on the front 2 either side of the radio hole.

ill post a picture in the morning its a bit dark now

ignore them..

if you look under the fascia pannel (under the lip) and behind the ashtray there are 4 screws. undo them and pull forward on the fascia panel (be carefull with the vents at the top and the wires on the buttons and ciggy lighter) once that is off you can see that the stereo brackets (that bolt onto the stock blaupunkt radio) are no longer needed, if they are still there, remove them (4 screws again) and replace the fascia back onto the car..

now whereas the old stereo was behind the fascia, the new one is in front of it, so take your radio cage and slot it through the fascia panel, and bend over the tabs to hold it in place.... plug in your iso adapter (pc2-14 if i remember correctly) and your ariel adapter (very important as the nissan micra's radio earths through the ariel connection) and slot your radio in the cage.

bobs your uncle....

orite champion, will have 2 get my hands on a cage then. at the moment i cant even get the radio to powerup and it worked fine in the old car.

I have to say I haven't had a single radio fit yet. They seem to big front to back, especially with RCAs in the back, and sit at a funny angle.

Tom

It's not working because of the earth. When I did mine I ran an earth from my hazard switch down to the raido's earth point. You can also run one from the cigarette lighter. That sorted mine out, so give it a try.

Tim

they should earth perfectly through the ariel. but you can just run a bit of cable from the nut on the back of the head unit to the dash support brackets,....theres usualy 2 or 3 spare screws.

as for the dash being too shallow... rubish. lol stick your hand in there and try to feel the back of the dash. its alot deeper than the stereo. i had a jvc motorised head unit, 3 sets of rca cables and an iso adapter behind there with room to spare.

got it to work now, wasn't working because i didn't have the aerial connected,

and managed to get a cheap(ish) fascia cage from halfords to it doesn't fall back inside the dash.

cheers

Back