Fitting new radio unit

Hi all,

I understand to replace the radio unit requires the removal of dashboard cover but I wonder do I need to disconnect the battery lead first to avoid the activation of the air bag mechanism?
I don't have the radio security code indeed and I like to know does the radio unit will reset itself if there is a power cut? (which means I have to enter the code after reconnect)

Moreover, does anyone know if the original K12 use ISO connector, or I need to buy a adaptor in order to fit other aftermarket radio units (e.g. Pioneer or Sony)?

Thank you.

Howard

Hi,

The dashboard cover does need to be removed but the airbag doesn't need to be touched.

I didn't disconnect the battery when I replaced my headunit, the original headunit will require the code entering when reconnected (if you don't have the code then I'm sure there's someone on here who can get it for you!)

The K12 does indeed use a standard ISO connector, the steering controls (if fitted) need an adaptor to work though, I used an Autoleads adaptor with my JVC Headunit.

If you have any more questions, please ask away.

Dan

I changed from 1 DIN to 2 DIN, don't touch to airbag
1 DIN
JBLontour01.jpg

JBLontour06.jpg

2DIN
JBLontour10.jpg

My steering control via infared adaptor

Zippo, could you be so kind to provide me an original partnumber of 2 DIN frame in gray color (as shown on second pic)?

Thanks a lot!

Back