Fitting front shox

Broony

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
im getting some front struts with gmax lowering springs already on them, does anyone know how to fit them if so could i do it my self or am i better off going to garage to fit?? i also need rear gmax springs fitting.
cheers:)

theres a guide on both here and www.mightymicra.co.uk that tells you what to do.

Also depending on how old your micra is you may want to replace the top bushes too (couple of quid from nissan i would think)...

Been doing this my self recently. it's ok. can be a full days work if ur unsure and you would need help.

Pretty easy to change the shocks. Get the wheel off, car jacked up and secure etc.

2 nuts each side under the bonnet at the strut tops, 12mm socket, unscrew and take off. Then the two down behind the brake at the upright. Use 2 sockets with a 17mm attachement and undo them, shock will lift out.

Basically a reverse to get the shock back in, push it through the 2 holes under the bonnet and then lift the wishbone to meet the shock and put bolts through, tighten up then tighten up the bolts under the bonnet.

After doing maybe 50 miles give the bolts another tighten up.

I assume that the shocks your getting have the top mounts on them already?

yes i think so they are the full unit so i has hoping they would be a direct swap. i got 98 k11

nice one thanks for your advice:) so ust undo bolts and swap:)

cheers broony

are the rear ones easy to fit or are spring compressors require d as i just have springs for the rear? cheers.

All you have to do is undo the top of the shocks, get someone to put some weight on the drum, and the spring will come out with a little tug, then put new spring in via the same method.

Do top of shock back up....easy as that really!

scottish-sr said:
Could always undo the bottom of the shock aswell for the rears ;)

U can do this, but you don't have too. You can get away without not having to undo it. Which is a bonus as the bolt is probably well ceased up (well mine was anyway) WD40 sorted that out. lol!

But i changed my shocks as well!

WD40 and some fire did it for me :D Took a couple of hours, including compressing the springs etc etc.

that easy??? so just take the alloy off undo the top bolts at rear and prize the rear spring outwhile applying preasure to drum and replace with new one??

Back