Idling issues

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Right basically when the car is sitting at traffic lights it likes to stall,tryed 2 different working airflow meters,3 idle control solinoid things(3 screws on it)replaced the cold start solinoid.
I have a narrow band lambda reading function on the turbo-timer I have that use to read 14.7-14.8 Afr at idle and cruising off boost before all this happened.
Now the car revs up and goes rich 12.5 afr, and obviously the ecu trys to regulate this by bringing it back to 14.7 but instead starts hunting and cuts out.

I'm at my wits end here with this bloody problem,I'm thinking now it may be the injectors or something to do with the e-manage?

i had this exact same problem, i had to keep reving it at lights etc otherwise it would cut out and i couldnt find a air leak anywhere, i tightened all my pipes just to make sure and the problem has gone touch wood.

superls

K10 Tuner
i had the exact problem on my 1 litre k10, it was the fuse for the anti dieseling solenoid on the carb, but suppose that wont apply to your car, unles it has a similar valve?

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
i had this exact same problem, i had to keep reving it at lights etc otherwise it would cut out and i couldnt find a air leak anywhere, i tightened all my pipes just to make sure and the problem has gone touch wood.

All hoses clamps have been checked and double checked

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
you've pressure tested it? the smallest leak on mine (like hardly could hear it at 20psi test pressure) was causing my idle to a go a little funky (although not as bad as you describe)

injectors leaking and not quite shutting properly can add too much fuel at idle and cause it to run rich on idle and then run like crap

could be worth having them cleaned anyway

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
you've pressure tested it? the smallest leak on mine (like hardly could hear it at 20psi test pressure) was causing my idle to a go a little funky (although not as bad as you describe)

injectors leaking and not quite shutting properly can add too much fuel at idle and cause it to run rich on idle and then run like crap

could be worth having them cleaned anyway

I'm thinking its the injectors man ,I hav'nt pressure tested it no:sleepy:

I might check the vacuum pipes again

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
hi i had this problem on an audi a3 turbo it was the throttle body it needed cleaning then it idled perfect with no hunting or conking out at juctions.

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
hi i had this problem on an audi a3 turbo it was the throttle body it needed cleaning then it idled perfect with no hunting or conking out at juctions.

Sorted now man replaced all the paper gaskets and injectors o'rings and insulators on the inlet manifold