a few questions?

anyone know what the small box under the passenger seat with wires coming out of it does? and the rear fog lights dont work, i checked the fuse and its ok .i checked the lights with a multimeter no volts getting to them so i checked the switch,there is 12v on 1 wire red/white if i remember correctly. i noticed that the switch itself doesn't light up when its switched on. cud this be the problem? thanks for any advice. car is 1992 k10.

the box under the seat picks up the engine revs when something of high power i.e. lights are turned on as to stop the engine stalling.

i know it sounds daft but you have turned on the headlights when trying the fog light havent you?

the box under the seat picks up the engine revs when something of high power i.e. lights are turned on as to stop the engine stalling.

i know it sounds daft but you have turned on the headlights when trying the fog light havent you?
yes mate the headlights were on dipped beam when i tried the foglights.

Every k10 I've ever come across has this problem, first check the bulb, then check the fuse, then the ground wire on the switch, I ended up having to rewire my whole foglight circuit

Ok I cut all the wires and taped them up. Ran a wire from the fuse in the fusebox for the foglight to the relay, ran another relay wire to ground, ran the 3rd wire to the foglight then wired the control wire to the switch. I then ran a wire that was live when the sidelights come on to the other side of the switch.
Basically I started again, if you want I can draw one of my high quality diagrams.

Turns out after I did all this though it was just the ground wire on the relay

Don't worry, I managed to fix it with a bit of speaker wire just before my MOT in the carpark lol. Have you got a haynes manual? you can check the wiring diagram

Olly is the king of bodge, so please don't follow that advice.

Try replacing the indicator stalk. The switch isn't getting feed from it. Happened to mine. I think the connectors might vary slightly between certain models, so make sure you get one that looks exactly the same

Back