Fed up of the K11

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
You read correctly! Im fed up of it! Running so crap at the moment! Its so slow and the take off is worse than a pushbike! When im pulling away from a junction its like there is no power at all not even a lick! And it will stay like that for a few seconds crawling out of the junction then it will slowly come to life! The throttle body has just been changed so i doubt it is that! Could it possibly be the lambda sensor giving a false reading?

Anyone got any ideas??
Please before i get rid of the thing!

I got overtaken by a 1.1 pug 106 today! Come on!

Daz :down:

Nah its really really bad, it doesnt pull out of junctions it struggles not to stall pulling out of them! Its like its either over fuelling or being starved of fuel! Its a pile of ####e

TB mate, or to be more accurate the mass air flow sensor, either that or its missfiring and lossing power that way. have you checked to make sure all your plugs are firmly in their seats and the leads are all well attached to them?

have you changed your plugs or leads recently?

what else has been changed recently, has it been serviced etc?

plugs are all new and it was doing it before the plugs went in, they are all in properly not cross threaded, leads are all tight too! Im gonna clean the lamda sensor and MAF when i get the car back tonight and see if that makes a difference...wat should i use to clean the lamda sensor? Would brake cleaner be alright to use?

Daz :alien:

i dont want to sound to sarcastic here but i would reserve break cleaner for breaks personally. tbh i dont think it will be much to do withthe lamda sensor, i dontthnk there is much that can go wrong with these, and the maf is more likely to be broken that dirty, sorry but it may be a case of getting a new TB or at least testing one to confirm the prob. wil the ecu self diognostic not be able to tell you the prob?

dave

Back