Fault dashboard dials and indicators

I recently bought a 1999 ally from a garage and since then I've been having this problem with my car where when I turn on the ignition there's a huge chance that the warning lights, dials, the button for the rear windscreen and indicators don't work.

When I use the hazard button, all of the indicators flash and if I use full beam, the light for that shows up on the dash, but nothing else. If I leave the ignition on or just drive along for a little while everything does eventually start to function after a clicking sound coming from the right hand side of the dash near the fuse box occurs.

I almost forgot to mention that after everything comes on, it'll start first time a couple of times in like a sequence, it'll never be good, good, bad, good, just always good or always bad, but the longest I've had it starting every time is a little under a week and then it was terrible again.

Could anyone help me out with this? I feel like the car is way too temperamental and dangerous to be on the road at the moment and I'll be very grateful for any help that you guys can give, thankyou! :)

Well for a start all the indicators will flash when you press the hazard button! If you can hear a relay clicking have a look in your fusebox and make sure the relays are all seated fully. It sounds like a bad connection to one of them.

Back