Indicators...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Hi,

Ok, still having a few problems with the car that need sorting out. What I'm after it some indicators which will just sit either behind the bumper grille mesh, and still shine through bright, or something that will just neatly sit on the bumper either side on the registration plate. Don't really know what will be the best solution for it, possibly bike indicators, unless you have any other suggestions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need this sorted asap!!! :)

Thanks...

Dan - MM. :)

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
are the lights in middle just reverse lights???

i thought they were both indicator and reverse lights...

if not change these bulbs to yellow and wire in indicators and have central reverse light and fogg in grill section...

other than that any indicators in bumper will look good and easy to wire up... imo

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
mean micra said:
are the lights in middle just reverse lights???

i thought they were both indicator and reverse lights...

if not change these bulbs to yellow and wire in indicators and have central reverse light and fogg in grill section...

other than that any indicators in bumper will look good and easy to wire up... imo

Front lights I'm on about mate. :)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Not sure if you can do this Dan as I haven't seen behind the new front lights.

Can you drill a small hole, use a side light connector, seal it in with some silcone, wire it into the indicator loom as per before.

Saves cutting holes in the bumper and putting them behind the mesh.

Kev :)

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
I think u shud get some nice clear ones and make a feature of them in the two holes in the front bumper.

I'll show ya wot i mean in a mo

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
actually if you get some nice fogs to go into the 2 holes on the front bumper you could also use my idea with them too, then you'll have fog lights as well.

just a thought

Kev

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
here u go, lush car!

Bearing in mind it was missing one at the time the pics were taken, and i think yours shud sit infront of the mesh not behind. Similar sort of style

DSC00128.jpg

or

f184fffa.jpg

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Yeah thats quite a nice idea Neil. Actually thought about opening the lights up and putting them in there, as I need to replace one of the angel eye LED's anyway, very scared about doing that lol!!! However, I don't think that there is much space in the light to house them. Bought some of the indicators linked above now, but got them quite cheap off ebay so doesn't matter to much if they don't work, as I will just have to find something else, however as long as they are legal (as I believe they are listed as sidelights but I reckon they should be ok) then I may try and use them as they look quite small and neat, and possibly put them on the bottom of the bumper. :)

Have got some fogs too Kev, whicch we were using as the indicators but the light was still too white in them so we scrapped that idea. Will probably try and get them mounted properly behind the mesh in the bumper so you can only see them when they are on. Should look pretty kool I think as it is the same kinda spotlights that are in the lights themselves. :) Thanks for the help guys. Do like the 200SX idea though.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Cheers Either that or make some custom ones :)

If youve got the Super S Front Bumper and the fogs still get some Yellow or Orange EL Wire and loop it in the fog light area and attach to the indicators. Would look Sweet then :) (Like Angel Eyes)

OP
OP
micra man

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Yeah that was another idea too, get some of the angel eye halo's off ebay and make them indicators with orange LED's, alot of hassle though, but no aint got SS bumper.

B

Ben

you should get them ones from the olden days, think they were off the morris minor but cud b wrong where they use to pop out and extend and have the blinker on the end....

would certainly be the first k10 in the world with em on lol