FAO people who have increased BHP

I am looking to try and increase the bhp on my Super S, but i'm not entirely sure whats best to do.

I have been told that a de-cat will cost loads of money and i'll gain only about 2bhp, i have been told that a remap is best, and then been told that the standard ECU can't be remapped?

How did you people go about increasing power?

you will need.

janspeed manifold, and cat back exhuast system. probably about £300 - will see you 90bhp.

the standard ecu CAN be re-mapped, but not many can do it, expecially the k11 one.

Ed / fusion_ed on here can probably sort you out with an ecu solution.

should see you with 100bhp and car thats very nice to drive :)

Cheaper option than Janspeed is to contact Harvey. Harvey is retired and does the odd exhaust, Micra ones are a speciality. He has a track record, I heard about him from someone who grasstracks a Micra. But be warned, mine was the first one he did with a Lambda sensor as the grasstrack people use carbs alot. His 4-2-1 manifold is made in one piece and you have to take the altenator off to fit it (don't worry it goes back on OK afterwards). I had to dril outthe mounting holes to get it to fit properly, but that is because it's hand made. It seems a litle more compact than the Janspeed one. His number is 01970 880340. Get him to tell you about his experiences with F1 teams. Yes that is where his track record is, along with sports cars etc etc.

Back