colour coded bumbers

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
hi guys advice please.

are colour coded bumpers a must????

i would get a body kit but the police where i live pull you over for things like that just because they think youll be racing.

i want it to be as descreet as possible.

but again does it matter is ive got the black bumpers on the car?

opinions please.

oh an is lowering a car easily done?? did you guys do it your self??? thanks

CMF_yoyoninjaboy

» CMF Member
hey. i was in the same boat as you with my first micra. wanted a body kit but couldnt afford, find or insure one. personally i think the micra can look good with its standard bumpers. compared to alot of small cars the micra has quite chunky bumpers anyway. if a body kit was the look you were going for then yes id colour code the bumpers. while your at it it may be worth thinking about smoothing them off with body filler. thats if its the bumpers with the moulded bump strip effect. (you will have to post a pic.

Also what about meshing the grills and bumper. this will give your car a sportier look.

A few people on here have added there own lip to the bumper using all sorts of things from rubber to front spoilers from seat ibiza's.
by the time you have done smoothing, possible adding a lip to the bottom, meshing and colour coding you will practically have your own bodykit that the police cant touch you for cos its all stock parts.

hope this helped, Nick

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
I think that’s what you should do as well, not coz I want to do that to my micra as well... and lowering is easy when you no how. But you can have look at yours strut that’s on there at the mo and see how it works coz it will sit in the same place.

CMF_Micra Nut

» CMF Member
i colour coded my bumpers ans smoothened them and im happy with them. there nothing mad but look good.
88.jpg

micra3.jpg

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
Yer you can do it in an afternoon. If you are using an adjustable suspension then it will take more time to get it right. Coz I would like to see what it looks like with the wheels on. So that takes a bit more time. When you put the wheels on you might want to make it higher or lower. Hope that helps.

Back