fag lighter fitting

WillyMicra

Ex. Club Member
my car has a plug over the cigarette lighter, would it be easy to find a lighter of another micra donor and fit it?

thanks

Im in the same situation. I'm assuming its just a case of locating the right wire on the loom and soldering it to the connection point on the back of the cigarette lighter?
How much did you pay for your lighter from the scrappy?

I think if I remember rightly there should be a connector behind the cig light bit with a bit of plastic on it. its a 5 min job if you have one.

lol so theres a club of us with the same problem hehe. erm well i took the center face of and there a loom of wire tied together, i thought there would have been a plug it just slots striaght into

the plug is tucked in under the carpet under the right hand side,you'll need to remove the cubby hole bit, i then borrowed a mercedes benz sprinter lighter socket kit and it fitted perfect. oh and i dont smoke lol

sorry mate i been real busy

i aint got a pic till tommorow. basically you need to remove the cubby whole bit,to do this you'll need to unscrew it , there will be a screw either side of the whole. once you've undone the screws pull the whole plastic bit out and on the right hand side you should see a wire tucked under the carpet (you cant miss it) it'll be two spade terminals in a 'T' shape

P.S its the big gray whole under the ashtray

I have that removed and i would post some pics i have of it if i knew how. I cant find that brown plug or plugs everyone keeps talking about. Only thing left to do is removing the carpet, but that will be bad as it will rip it off...

dont know if your interested any more but i brought a micra k11 lighter off ebay and fitted it as mine had the cap over the cig lighter thing too and behind it was the wires and fittings it was pretty much plug and play.

I took the one out of the car the other day, i just prised it out from the dash bit with a flat screw driver and it had 2 connecters on the back. i assume the fitting would be the reversal of this

AW I had my centre console off today and could of easily taken pics of when I did mine.

The wiring was all there on mine, I know they cut down on the wiring in some micras not sure which ones.

Anyway it's just a case of taking the little cap off popping your new lighter thingy in, plug in the socket at the back.

Took me a few mins, I bought a universal one from the range.

I put one in my brothers 98 plate.
I could not see the wirring present so pinched the switch live of the stereo.
The cig lighter was about £3 from motorworld, just a universal but fits like a glove.

PS. It is so he can charge sat nav not to smoke lol

Sean.

Just to add in, our Micra 1.0 Twister 1998 also has no fag lighter, but the wires and socket are directly behind the plastic cover, (will have to use some long nose pliers to pull them out the hole to fit) if I can get hold of a lighter and socket for it, it should just be a case of plugging it in, a 5min job to fit, a 5 week job to find one! lol

In the last two pre-facelift Mirca's my wife and I have owned, we have normally always found the wiring to be there in place for the added extras on higher spec models, I'm hoping this will continue with the facelift version!

anyone that can come to me over the next week can have their lighter socket fitted for £10 by me :D

Back