cigarrete lighter

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Is it possible to get the whole unit as mine doesnt work, Its to do with the wires that are snapped on it I believe.

Where are they scapped?

Nissan delaer will be able to get whatever you need but if you know exactly what you need a scrappy somewhere will sort you out :)

I didnt have one on my old Micra but i got just the socket from a scrappy and wired it up.

yeah the wires are snapped, can always get a cig lighter from a scrappie cheap as anything. Just the fitting I cant do

they could be any colours, usually red + and black -, but on k10s the + is blue.

Have you not got a haynes manual?

Not 100% I know they were thee but they are completely broken I believe. How much would it cost for someone to do it for me do you think?

Well thats all well and good but the wires are messed up and probably needs rewiring, I doubt I could do that.

Berkshire is about 3 hours away from me, do able but Id have to be off work I guess

See if you can strip back the remaining wires enough to reconnect them to the connectors.

There ain't enough of the wire to strip it back even with connectors.

I can either go to a scrappie or buy one off this website for about £10

Ok it's easy, take the positive off the ignition live at the back of the stereo, they are on the same fuse anyway. The ground can be on the body. This should be easy enough for you to do.

Is there someone closer to you that could help you. It'sd just a 3 hour drive seems a bit pointless for a 10 min job lol.

where abouts in mansfield are you. ill be able to do it for you. i work in pleasly mills so i might be able to drop by after work or summat perhaps?

i think as its only a 10 minute job (fingers crossed) we'd be best meeting in maplins car park?

are u cummin 2 the chesterfield meet, i could have a look at it there if you are.

Well I got the cig lighter I reckon all I will need to buy is 2 wires and a thing to go on to the wires so I can slot it into this plug thats in the dash is this correct?

Well to save a bit of cash just get some spade connectors to plug into the lighter, then run wires from these down to the original wiring, cut and connect, then tape together. Make sure the wires are the right way around.

If you need an amazing diagram here goes:
The black blob is the lighter, the red and blue lines are the wires from it. The green lines are the original wires in your dash. The thin black arrows show a connection lol.
lighter.jpg

Right thats what I have at the moment I thought all I would need to do is plug 2 wires into that

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 405
It's better to cut and stick the wires as fitting a plug to your cigarette lighter would mean doing that anyway.

Are you sure it's the right plug as there's a lot of holes on that one....

I still think you'd be better off either wiring it to the stereo power supply or running a new fused supply from the battery.

Have you got an aftermarket stereo? If you have slip it out and connect the '+' from your lighter to the red wire and the '-' to the black wire.

Yeah and some connectors to plug on the cigarette lighter, They crimp onto the wire. Have yopu got a pic of the back of the lighter?

One of them will be for the light I think. Although now I'm confused. Just to check, the positive is the bit that goes into the middle of the metal bit, the negative is the bit that connects to the mains body of the metal bit. And I think, though I can't see too well from your pic that the plastic bit is a light for it.

Just need to attach it to the cd player, not sure about that yet, Il have a look when I got the cable. maybe solder it on I don't know?

Yeah, strip some of the insulation back but without cutting the wire, wrap the lighter wire around it and solder it in a T shape if you know what I mean.

If you are confused about the wiring then take a pic of them and I'll put an arrow on it.

Back