Diagram for march tail lights

Hi, I need some help installing my march tail lamps onto my preface lift Micra. Does any one have a diagram for re pinning the tail lights so that the indicator, tail lights and break light work properly also I've heard wiring the fog light wires into one of the reversing light housings and then putting a red bulb in is the best way to get a working fog light, which wires go where in the connector if I'm wanting to do this. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20191119_174152.jpg
    IMG_20191119_174152.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 243
OP
OP
JM_K11
So just follow where the wires go on the standard ones and then replicate that on the march one but rewire the reverse light wires to the fog light wires on the harness.

So just follow where the wires go on the standard ones and then replicate that on the march one but rewire the reverse light wires to the fog light wires on the harness.
One wire at a time is definitely the best way, unless you can read those wiring diagrams that look like a map of the tokyo underground

You can also use masking tape. Put a loop around the wire with a label looking part you can write on. Write A and A, B and B etc so you never forget where a wire goes

OP
OP
JM_K11
Yeah i managed to repin them yesterday. This is the digram for the standard tail lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20191123_184617.jpg
    IMG_20191123_184617.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 449
Yeah i managed to repin them yesterday. This is the digram for the standard tail lights.

Very helpful to see a diagram, thanks! Any photos of what it looks like now with the March clusters in?

Am thinking to get a set of these in mine. I had some which I (regretfully) sold.

OP
OP
JM_K11
That's what it looks like installed. I also have a pair of march cabriolet tail lights but decided to install these ones instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20191124_122310.jpg
    IMG_20191124_122310.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 227
That's what it looks like installed. I also have a pair of march cabriolet tail lights but decided to install these ones instead.

Looks retro and ace! Wish I hadn’t sold mine now!

Just out of curiosity, where did you buy them from? Because as you say, you also have the March cab lights, and I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells even one pair of March lights, let alone two pairs! (except eBay, but they want £150 per light!)

with rarer car parts I tend to have more luck asking "does anyone know someone who has X" than waiting for people to list them for sale, a lot of people don't like listing things that could take a long time to sell to the right person who wants it because then they have to constantly tend to it to keep it visible and answer questions

But they get tagged or you get their number and make an offer and they realise they'd rather have them gone even if they hadn't considered selling at first

with rarer car parts I tend to have more luck asking "does anyone know someone who has X" than waiting for people to list them for sale, a lot of people don't like listing things that could take a long time to sell to the right person who wants it because then they have to constantly tend to it to keep it visible and answer questions

But they get tagged or you get their number and make an offer and they realise they'd rather have them gone even if they hadn't considered selling at first

Yeah the Facebook groups tend to be good for this sorta thing.

I managed to find someone on one of the Micra Facebook groups who has the lights I’m looking for, (the ones on the red Micra on this thread) but the guy was only willing to trade me if I had a pair of clear silver clusters, which are the rarest of all!

Edit - these are probably even rarer than the clear silver clusters:

03F105C9-1BAE-4783-9580-717E5FCB7A02.jpeg