Tail Light Wiring

Hi guys, would anyone be able to tell what gauge/type wire I would need for wiring up some tail lights? I'm installing some March clusters and I want to extend a wire for the reverse light over so they both light up. I also want to wire up an auxiliary fog lamp. Any help greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure about gauges of wire, but I'd use the same as the loom size from.the connector. Always go bigger not smaller I think is the rule? I'd cut into the loom and heatshrink it then use some split conduit to make it look factory! Just personally of course.

OP
OP
cgten
So I bailed out of buying the wiring in the end, wanted to make sure I had the right stuff beforehand.

I did get a soldering iron with stand, some solder and some heatshrink though.

I guess the circuit runs on 12V, but I'm unsure of the amperage rating and resistance of the cable I need.

OP
OP
cgten
I thought it might be ok, I was just concerned that there will be different currents for different parts of the car, so needed to be sure before buying as I don't want to break these lights lol.

well my power windows are wired in with 6amp cables and when the windows hit the end of the travel it draws 9 amps but the cable hold in fine so 10amp cable is fine for you mate

OP
OP
cgten
Yeah the 10amp fuse appears to be for the whole cluster, so I'm not sure what the current draw is for each lamp.

@Enuo - You're a glorified electrician :p Any ideas?